Thread: 19.5" lt shocks for a yfz?

19.5" lt shocks for a yfz?

how people have heard of this.....a few years ago when i bought my shocks i get them in the mail measure them and their 19.5" kinda made me scratch my noggin a lil bit cuz i knew LT for yfz's were in the 18" range......it took me a lil while but i tracked down some arms that would work with them......i kinda checked around and still really cant find anyone else with this kind of a setup.....is it old or is it just like a 1 of a kind deal that i lucked into or what?
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

ive never heard of a 19.5" shock, i think mine are on the long side. 18.875" on a jb a arm
    07 TC/JB yfz450

Thanks to www.ohiointernationalraceway.com

Some Honda 450s had LT a-arms with shocks in the 19"+ range, some even had 20.5". I can't say I have heard of YFZs running a 19" shock. What a-arms did you track down and/or buy?

Even if the shock measures the correct length, doesn't mean it is valved for those A-arms. ATV-Fourplay runs a different leverage ratio than JB, Walsh, Six5, etc.

If you didn't buy a-arms yet (although it sounds like you did): why not consider getting set of Houser/JB/Walsh A-arms and having the shocks revalved/rebuilt for those a-arms?

Is it the PEP/LSR combo in your signature? I'd just send the shocks to Baldwin and have them revalved for those a-arms. If they need to be shortened, he will do it.
    2009 YFZ450R
    Baldwin, DID, DP, Houser, JB, Maxxis, PD, PCV, PEP, LSR, Rath, RPM, Sparks, SSI, SunStar, Works Connection

Special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports, PEP, SSI Decals, & my checkbook!!

Originally posted by Kovatch
    Some Honda 450s had LT a-arms with shocks in the 19"+ range, some even had 20.5". I can't say I have heard of YFZs running a 19" shock. What a-arms did you track down and/or buy?

Even if the shock measures the correct length, doesn't mean it is valved for those A-arms. ATV-Fourplay runs a different leverage ratio than JB, Walsh, Six5, etc.

If you didn't buy a-arms yet (although it sounds like you did): why not consider getting set of Houser/JB/Walsh A-arms and having the shocks revalved/rebuilt for those a-arms?

Is it the PEP/LSR combo in your signature? I'd just send the shocks to Baldwin and have them revalved for those a-arms. If they need to be shortened, he will do it.
    It is what I have in the signature everything works fine I have rode on numerous tracks with it

the guy I bought the set up off said everything worked fine for him and he had valved for a yfz rated at 210 I can't remember where he sent them too

I know having a shock that is to long will do some damage to the shock but I've had the setup for awhile now and nothing has happened everything

.there's even been a few of my friends comment on how smooth it feels so I dont see where anything is wrong

I tired bolting these up to a 05 with a fox/Gibson setup and they wouldn't even bolt right even once we did get them bolted up u could tell by looking at that something wasn't right
    2012 yfzR a few goods

I bought the shocks off the the guy that orinally had the arms the guy that bought the shocks didn't have the money to buy both for some reason he just the shocks and then couldn't use them cuz they were to long
    2012 yfzR a few goods