View Poll Results: HLS non ressi fronts?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth it?

2 66.67%
  • Not Worth it?

1 33.33%

Thread: HLS Shocks

HLS Shocks

So I know HLS is a very trusted brand, and used by many big name racers, Traci Cecco, Dave Simmons, in 2010 Ockerman ran them etc..

But what i am wondering is if anyone has any experience with the HLS Dual Rate NON ressi shocks?

They are fairly cheap. I know the only thing you can adjust probably is preload/ride height But i figure they have got to be the best bang for your buck on the non ressi side of things.

Im not asking to compare to Axis, or fox, or nothing like that, but is it worth $495 for them?

Im a average rider. Not great, but OK and i am wanting something plush just to help me keep up with my buddies on 450's, and it never hurts to not be sore after a day of riding.

What do you guys think? Works tripple rate non ressi or HLS Dual rate non ressi?

The upward shaft design of the 400ex stock fronts is absolutly horrible.

I was going to convert my stock 400 fronts to dual rates but whats the point if you can get http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-TRX400...8cafd5&vxp=mtr
    those for Just $200 more than what it would cost me to convert the shocks?
    IM HARD ON EQUIPMENT!

GOON: look pro, go slow!

Spider Graphix, Magic Motorsports, ATVRDIERS.COM, MOM&DAD

****Breast cancer awareness! I love you grandma!****

If you are a recreation rider HLS non resi are the best for the price you can get. I have the elite and they are amazing top of the line shocks.

The non resi have the same high flow pistons in them and he doesn't use a rebound adjuster(makes heat). They are designed with the proper rebound.
    So because of those things They do not over heat and fade as easy or at all like other non resi shocks. I have seen 400ex's at GNCC races with the non resi hls shocks thats how good they are.

also way better deal then buying 450r shocks and getting them set up properly it will end up costing just as much if not more when you could have aftermarket.

And adding spring kit to stock 400ex shocks didn't even know anyone did that. That would work horrible they are cheapo shocks not designed for changing springs. they are junk shocks for any kind of faster than cruising riding.

Thanks for all the info.

I am really considering buying them now.

I was looking at works tripple rates and Works just seems like a really cheap, junk brand. I mean i have read good reviews, bad reviews... But as Chronic Smoke stated a while back, Works are always the type of shocks you see on the Craigslist quads that are all rusted and beat to hell.

I just dont wanna drop any cash into something im not sure on.

So when i saw that HLS made a non ressi shock for somewhat cheap i was quite excited.

They look good and a good review on them i am highly considering them now.
    IM HARD ON EQUIPMENT!

GOON: look pro, go slow!

Spider Graphix, Magic Motorsports, ATVRDIERS.COM, MOM&DAD

****Breast cancer awareness! I love you grandma!****