Thread: 2007 trx450r dim headlight

2007 trx450r dim headlight

Anyone have any idea what would cause my headlight to be dim? I have gotten rid of the battery and installed a kickstart and everything was fine until the last ride I went on and then they randomly quit working and now are extremely dim. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
    2007 Honda 450r w/ Full Bill Balance Exhaust, HRC cam, j&h racing kick start kit, K&N air filter, K&N outerwear, Pro Armor MX bumper, DG nerfs, Maxis Balance tires all around

2002 honda 400ex w/ Full Yoshimira Exhaust, White Brothers Rev Box
    ,K&N air filter w/ outerwear, AC propegs, Tag X-5's, rear razrs... SOLD

2003 Honda Rincon 650

sounds like a bad ground

did you install a capacitor?

I have not installed a capacitor yet but just ordered one. I may try checking the ground though to see if that's the problem. Thanks
    2007 Honda 450r w/ Full Bill Balance Exhaust, HRC cam, j&h racing kick start kit, K&N air filter, K&N outerwear, Pro Armor MX bumper, DG nerfs, Maxis Balance tires all around

2003 Honda Rincon 650

Originally posted by yamahardr15
    I have not installed a capacitor yet but just ordered one. I may try checking the ground though to see if that's the problem. Thanks
    ya even if the light issue isn't because of no cap there have been some issues associated with not having a capacitor after battery has been removed

ive helped several members redo there electrical system after kick start conversions and Im pretty sure all ended up using a capacitor wired into ground and the black wire in the 4 pin connector on the cdi

did you do all your own harness?? if so was it similar to the way I do mine look in Rollies first sticky post for frequently asked questions mines labeled race harness schematics... or something like that.. lol

share your method if it is different then mine

Sounds like an operator error to me.

I just looked at your race harness schematics and I believe that is how I will set mine up. I'll let you know how it goes once I install the capacitor, it should be here tomorrow.

2003 Honda Rincon 650

Well I finally got around to fixing my headlights and bought a capacitor off a 2005 trx450r and after doing some research I found that you can slice your ignition wires and just tie the capacitor into the circuit. This was a quick and easy fix, I forgot to take pics before I taped it all up, but I will post a pic of the completed job.

2003 Honda Rincon 650

Hi there,

I'm also having the same problem with my lights, but I want to upgrade it with HID kit. Now my question is do I have to get and install a capacitor so that the HID would work?