Thread: LT80 Build I Did For My Nephew...

LT80 Build I Did For My Nephew...

So I figured I'd post up my story / pics and build I did for my 6 year old Nephew Alex...

I am the owner of Poorboy Performance and partial owner of C3 (customs, concepts and coatings). We do everything from CNC Machining, ATV/Dirtbike/Snowmobile Service and Upgrades to Powder Coating and Full Ground up builds. After seeing the interest my 5 year old nephew and my 4 year old daughter had for riding on the King Quad 700 I have (and every other machine that is here at any given time) I decided it was time to do a couple builds for them.

I had a friend that has 2 1989 LT80's that were either in parts, blown up or just straight ragged out. I struck up a deal with him that I would put a clutch in his sons Blaster in exchange for these 2 LT80's. The build was on..

The first build is this one...

I had 3 months to do a full ground up build on a beat up LT80 that I wanted to have done for my nephews 6th birthday. 3 months is a long time for this but with all the other work going on here it wasnt going to be easy.

We do full restorations/builds of quads all the time the include aftermarket parts, tons of powder coat, stainless polished bolts, etc.. There was no holding back. This one was going to be the same way..

Every piece of the quad was stripped down to nothing, sandblasted and refinished some way. Almost evey piece of metal including the engine was powder coated in Super Mirror Black, Black River (heavy textured Mirror Black for the rims) Black Mini Texture (like a teflon pan) or Super Mirror Red. We fabricated our own 6" widening kit for more stability, a billet carb adaptor to replace the ****ty plastic one that breaks, an oil pump block off plate and custom rear fender name plate to finish it all off. Aftermarket parts were bought and the engine was rebuilt from top to bottom.

The quad was started 2 days before the birthday party and the tires arrived the night before the party (was cutting it close). For the first time ever I actually was so excited with this build for my nephew that when the quad was started I was driving it around with 1 jug nut holding each rear rim on. The wife was yelling at me as I ripped up and down the street with a back right rim that was 2 threads from coming off!! LMAO...

Well here it is guys... The next build starts really soon for my 4 year old daughter. Same type of build but in Candy Lime Green Translucent and Dormant Candy Purple..

Danee Popovski
    Poorboy Performance Inc.
    1-586-405-8735
    Project N2O Gsx-R 750Ex

Looks great nice work, I plan on upgrading my daughters chinese 50 to a LT80 when she gets bigger.

what did you do with the hood and tank to make them gloss?
    Ride it like you stole, and never look back they are too far back to see

Thats a good looking little Lt man nice job!
    You got to be tuff when your stupid !
    Tanner Reeves #443
    2011 Calhoun SX 70-90 Champion
    2011 Mideast 8-10 Jr 2nd
    Special Thanks To
    G-Force Powersports
    Leatt Brace
    Barnyard Performance
    DWT Tires and Wheels
    Spy Goggles
    Slick Off Road wash
    GoPro

Nicest LT I've seen.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

ya man thats awesome, nicest one ive seen as well...i love the frame in contrast to everything else being gloss....is that a spray on rhino liner type paint?
    2008 Atlantic Grand Prix Junior B class overall champion....2007 AGP junior B 5th overall.....had 4 or 5 top three District 6 finishes in open B.......havent raced in a while but still riding, would like to get into the NY xc or NECC series...... love the rockiest roughest trail riding i can find, just ditched my hondas for a2008 KTM 450XC and im lovin it....

Very nice, I just picked up 2 lt80s today for my 2 yr old, I know he is young so this will give me time to do 2 full builds.
    current list:
    86 250R tt
    87 250R MX
    04 450R
    99 yamaha wolverine
    400ex
    400ex
    cbr f4i

for alabama and southeast info check out
    www.sequad.com

I wish I had a uncle 1/50th as cool, when I was a kid..

Very well done, and a pat on the back for helping out the kids..
    well done!!!!!
    88 250r
    My other machines change to often