Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Tires?

What Tires?

What tires does anybody run? I had an FMF PowerCore 4, UNI Filter, and 14,38 gearing on my 300ex, it had alot of power, then I got 22X11-9 Maxxis Razrs, and it has almost no power, and since they're so meaty and the front tires are 11 years old and stock, it doesn't turn well. So who's had good luck with what tires, I think the major problem with myn was that they were 22X11 when they should have been smaller.
    2007 400ex -
    Pro Circuit T-4 Slip-On, Pro Armour Nerfs, UNI Air Filter, K&N PowerLid, PowerMadd Handguards, 155 Main, 42 Pilot, YFZ450 Front Shocks, Shock Pros CDN Flag Front Shock Covers, Shaved Front Fenders, Moose MXR Rear Brake Rotor, NGK Spark Plug, 20" ITP Holeshot XCR's in Rear, ODI Rogue Lock-On Grips, ROX Billet Handguard Mounts, Factory FX Glass Grip Donuts, DG Sport Bumper, Pro-Taper SE ATV High Bend Handlebars, ROX Dash, DP Brake Pads, DG Baja Series Swing Arm Skid Plate

2001 300ex-
    FMF PowerCore 4, FMF Hi-Flow Headpipe, Kimpex 14T Front Sprocket, Kimpex 38T Rear Sprocket, All Balls Carrier Barrings , Kimpex Chain, Scott Grips, UNI Air Filter, Homemade Long/Wide Grab Bar, NHC Kevlar Rear Brake Pad, 22" Maxxis Razrs on Rear

'84 Suzuki lt125
    '07 Daymak 125 -Paid 80, sold 450
    '77 Kawisaki KM100 -Wiseco, JT, EK
    '07 Baja DR90
    '05 Ski-Doo GSX 600 HO SDI Lt.

It also doesn't drift hardly at all, just trys to tip over.
    2007 400ex -
    Pro Circuit T-4 Slip-On, Pro Armour Nerfs, UNI Air Filter, K&N PowerLid, PowerMadd Handguards, 155 Main, 42 Pilot, YFZ450 Front Shocks, Shock Pros CDN Flag Front Shock Covers, Shaved Front Fenders, Moose MXR Rear Brake Rotor, NGK Spark Plug, 20" ITP Holeshot XCR's in Rear, ODI Rogue Lock-On Grips, ROX Billet Handguard Mounts, Factory FX Glass Grip Donuts, DG Sport Bumper, Pro-Taper SE ATV High Bend Handlebars, ROX Dash, DP Brake Pads, DG Baja Series Swing Arm Skid Plate

2001 300ex-
    FMF PowerCore 4, FMF Hi-Flow Headpipe, Kimpex 14T Front Sprocket, Kimpex 38T Rear Sprocket, All Balls Carrier Barrings , Kimpex Chain, Scott Grips, UNI Air Filter, Homemade Long/Wide Grab Bar, NHC Kevlar Rear Brake Pad, 22" Maxxis Razrs on Rear

'84 Suzuki lt125
    '07 Baja DR90

It all depends on what type of riding you plan to do. Although, i would never run 22"s, those are wayy to big. lol I run 18s on an 8" rim in the summer, and 20's on 10" rims during the muddier times of the year.

I run dunlop kt396 20x10 rears and it drifts pretty good. I think there awesome tires.
    2001 400ex

"friends dont let friends ride yamahas"

"If its got Tits or Tires its gonna give ya Trouble"

"If it's got wheels or a skirt you can't afford it"

"They're not that fast, you're just that slow"

Maxxis RZR 2's upfront. Never get 22 inch tires. i had some for winter and all it gave me was top end. if you change sprocket size in the rear down to 36? i think is i think it will be cheaper then buying tires that are smaller.
    TRX300EX
    Maier Plastic
    FMF header and silenser
    K&N with precharger
    PRM Rear Grab Bar
    Motosport Front bumper
    DG nerfbars
    Moose Racing Handelbars& Grips
    Moose racing Handgaurds

Originally posted by Lizer53
    Maxxis RZR 2's upfront. Never get 22 inch tires. i had some for winter and all it gave me was top end. if you change sprocket size in the rear down to 36? i think is i think it will be cheaper then buying tires that are smaller.
    Going with a 36 rear sprocket will give more top end. if needing more lowend torque go with a bigger rear sprocket. Or, A smaller front sprocket.

thanks for catching me on that sorry.
    TRX300EX
    Maier Plastic
    FMF header and silenser
    K&N with precharger
    PRM Rear Grab Bar
    Motosport Front bumper
    DG nerfbars
    Moose Racing Handelbars& Grips
    Moose racing Handgaurds

Originally posted by Lizer53
    thanks for catching me on that sorry.
    Wasn't trying to make a point..Just helping..

like Lizer53 said,go with a new sprocket. 13,or12 tooth front sprocket.front sprocket's shouldn't be no more then 15 buck's at the most. lot cheaper then $100 plus for tire's..

Yeah the size was the problem I think. It's the only size I could get though, and my other tires were down to bald, like bald enough it was hard to tell where the knobbys were haha. The problem now is the front tires are down to like 25% and the great big meat cleavers on the back are like 95% and it doesn't hardly turn on snow haha.
    2007 400ex -

2001 300ex-

'84 Suzuki lt125
    '07 Baja DR90

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast