Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TMXA minis

Originally posted by jay-r
    The class is 50cc quad 4 to 8 year old, and is for DRR, Apex, and Cobra. It doesn't split CVT and single speed. I don't believe that it is specified whether it is a production class or not. There is one quad out there that is a Cobra motor in an Extreme chassis. That quad has been allowed to run for several seasons in the TMXA. No one has protested it. I assume that is what he means by run what you brung.

The special 50 class is for beginners on non race quads, such as Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, and the various Chinese yard quads. This is a non championship class that does not award points.

If someone feels that the engine size limit is being broken in the class, then they need to protest the machine as an individual or as a group. The TMXA is very strict about this issue and will disqualify the individual for the rest of the season in that particular class. These rules are to ensure a quality race series for all involved. It is the responsibility of the fellow race families to help bring it to the attention of the race officials.

This is a good series with quality riders and families. But, if you are looking for an easy win, go to another series.
    Jamie there must be a reason you took what I said the way you did. I didn't call anybody out. I AM not new to motorsports. Maybe to miniquads. If we wanted an easy win we would have left Gavin in the special 50 class. I am not going to another series. If you want an easy win stay in the 50cc mini quads. Nobody here is racin for money anyways. I think people that stay in a class and smoke everybody else looks more stupid than the rest, which is the reason Gavin dont race in the class he was last year. He was smokin those other kids. Im not going to another series.

If you are lookin for any easy win you are cheating yourself.

We may have had a good turnout the first race but when people see a few quads smokin the rest they get discouraged. They dont go to another SERIES , They just quit showing up all together. MAYBE THATS THE REASON QUAD RACING IS DYING.

Blood Sweat and Gears, I was not refering to you personally in my post. My reply was to defend the series to people here on the board that may be considering coming and to explain the types and brands allowed in the class. I don't want people to get the impression that cheating is a part of the series. I took your comment about run what you brung as the different styles and brands of quads. Not that people were running illegal displacement engines. Maybe that is what you meant, I don't know.

My comment about the easy win, was meant as a light hearted joke to all the mini quad classes in general and was not directed toward you personally. I apologize if that is how it sounded. Looking back, I see how that could have been taken. Gavin is riding well and I think it was the right time to move him up. I feel that seeking races with competition is what makes a rider faster. The competion we faced in the last 2 seasons in the TMXA is why Jordyn is able to compete at a national level. So, I see a high level of competition a good thing. I guess some people get discouraged and don't come back. This is where it is unfortunate that there are not A, B, C classes for mini quads. The TMXA is trying their best to address this in the 50s by adding the Special 50 class.

Last season in the TMXA, we did not dominate. Jordyn lost 6 races. I think we will be challenged this year and get beat sometimes in the TMXA. We race 50cc class at the nationals. I don't want to move to the 70 class locally 2 seasons early, when we are still racing 50s elsewhere. We only have one quad. At the national in Georgia, we raced the girls class and were the only 50 against all 70s. Yes, we got beat in that class and the 50 class as well, we are not looking for easy wins either.

I will admit that the displacement issue is a touchy subject for me. There is so much talk about us behind our back among some of the parents that it is starting to get under my skin I guess. My observation about it is that once the seed is planted by one person, people get it in their head and the rumors spread around the pits like wildfire. Even to the point that fellow competitors you consider friends help to spread it. This is an undeserved reputation that I really do not enjoy. It is not healthy for the series or the sport.

We enjoy the races and encourage others to come out and race. It is a good time for the kids and families. I have helped several parents get their kids started in racing. The TMXA has a good series and the race at Copperhead was very well run.
    Father of #22 Jordyn Reed

My horse really isn't in this race. It's bad to think someone might be cheating or even wrongfully accused of cheating. I'm gonna tell you my opinion to put an end to it all if it was me. I would gather my accusers around, tear it down and mic the cylinder and stroke in front of them all. This puts an end to it all. Again this is just if it was me!
    Landen Houchens #336

2010 Ky State Champ
    2011 DBMX Champ
    2011 ATVMX top ten
    2012 Ohio Valley Arena Cross Champ
    2012 ATVMX 50cc National Runner-Up
    2013 ATVMX 50cc National Champion

Kaiden Houchens #766
    2013 ATVMX 50 limited 6th place

Thanks to:
    South Central Electric
    Triple A Powersports
    Thomas Garage
    Motowoz Shocks
    Fly Racing
    Ryno Racing Motors
    FTR Graphics
    Fasst Company

You are exactly right. I have offered on this public forum to do that. No one comes to me. I was hoping it was over, but it still comes up. I am hoping at the next race I can do this. The next race is a daytime race. The night races, everyone is in a hurry to get home after they run. I want to show everyone to end the talk. I carry digital calipers with me at the races and will do this. Everyone gather round. I am ready for a voluntary tear down.

Ryan, are you guys coming to Tumbling Creek?

Not sure if we are or not. We have a baby due anytime in the next two weeks so we are just trying to stay close to home. I would really like to just for some practice before Muddy Creek. I am still waiting on his backup motor to come back because that what we would have to ride there. We have had a few issues lately with it. Its sad that I only have one motor in the garage right now and that's our good one....shows how together I have it right now..
    Landen Houchens #336

2010 Ky State Champ
    2011 DBMX Champ
    2011 ATVMX top ten

Kaiden Houchens #766

Thanks to:
    South Central Electric
    Triple A Powersports
    Thomas Garage
    Motowoz Shocks
    Fly Racing
    Ryno Racing Motors
    FTR Graphics
    Fasst Company

Congratulations on the new baby! I was wanting to try our national motor at Tumbling Creek to see if it will hold together. But, the motor in question is our backup, so I think we will run it and pull the head after the second moto. Need to save the national motor for Muddy Creek anyway.

Thanks! That's exactly what I would do. Either way that would put an end to the whole thing. Jordyn is a great rider. She don't need that label or more motor to compete at a high level. She was top 3 easy at Aonia. That's why I like the stamp on the side of Chris' motor.

CGR is the best out there! (TW)
    Landen Houchens #336

2010 Ky State Champ
    2011 DBMX Champ
    2011 ATVMX top ten

Kaiden Houchens #766

Thanks to:
    South Central Electric
    Triple A Powersports
    Thomas Garage
    Motowoz Shocks
    Fly Racing
    Ryno Racing Motors
    FTR Graphics
    Fasst Company

Thank you. I want to do my best to end this talk. Looking forward to Muddy Creek!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12