Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMXA minis

Hybrid View

TMXA minis

I hear there were a ton of mini quads last night. Good to finally have a series where tons of race minis show up. May have to try to make a few of those races this year!
    Landen Houchens #336

2010 Ky State Champ
    2011 DBMX Champ
    2011 ATVMX top ten
    2012 Ohio Valley Arena Cross Champ
    2012 ATVMX 50cc National Runner-Up
    2013 ATVMX 50cc National Champion

Kaiden Houchens #766
    2013 ATVMX 50 limited 6th place

Thanks to:
    South Central Electric
    Triple A Powersports
    Thomas Garage
    Motowoz Shocks
    Fly Racing
    Ryno Racing Motors
    FTR Graphics
    Fasst Company

Great racing last night at Copperhead SX in Hopkinsville, KY. The turnout for the first TMXA points race of the season was great. There were 297 total entries. We had 12 on the line in the 50cc 4 to 8 class. There is a new special 50 class this year that is for beginners on non-racing quads. That class had 9 entries. Pretty amazing to have 21 50 quads at a local race. The 70 and 90 classes had good gates as well. There were many fast national mini riders in attendance. The full size quad classes also had good turnouts. The TMXA has been able to successfully run bikes and quads. We had 10 riders in our 50 bike class. The 250C bike class had 32 entries! The Tennessee Motocross Association is growing and is one of the best series around for mini quads. The race was run super smooth. Staging and flow on and off the track was great. Check out the series schedule and info www.tmxa.com.
    Father of #22 Jordyn Reed

We may to come to a few. Need some practice on his 70 when we finally get it back. Did you all get your motor issue worked out from Ga? She was running really well and i know that was frustrating
    Landen Houchens #336

2010 Ky State Champ
    2011 DBMX Champ
    2011 ATVMX top ten

Kaiden Houchens #766

Thanks to:
    South Central Electric
    Triple A Powersports
    Thomas Garage
    Motowoz Shocks
    Fly Racing
    Ryno Racing Motors
    FTR Graphics
    Fasst Company

The 70 class at TMXA has some very good competition. I hope that you can make some of the races.

I hope our motor issue is fixed. The ground strap of the spark plug melted/broke. It took the piston out. Luckily the cylinder and head are okay. Chris said he thought it was electrical and to change the coil. So, I am changing the coil and stator, new piston and rings and going to an NGK plug. Hopefully that will keep it from happening again. Really strange thing to have happen. Jetting was good and the piston didn't melt. We ran our spare 50 motor last night, it is better on the short tracks anyway.

Jordyn had a good run at Aionia and we had fun. Sure was a dissapointing ending. But, we will be at Muddy Creek to chase Landen again. He is really riding well. Congratulations on the win.

He said thanks! He knows he has his hands full and that's how it should be. Theres 3-4 that can win which is good. Hope this time we see more on the line than just ten. I'm glad to hear there wasn't anything bad wrong. We will see you guys at Muddy Creek. Really excited about going to this track. Looks like it's a technical track with some nice jumps. Should be interesting!
    Landen Houchens #336

2010 Ky State Champ
    2011 DBMX Champ
    2011 ATVMX top ten

Kaiden Houchens #766

Thanks to:
    South Central Electric
    Triple A Powersports
    Thomas Garage
    Motowoz Shocks
    Fly Racing
    Ryno Racing Motors
    FTR Graphics
    Fasst Company

tmxa

tmxa sounds like they have there %^$* together! To bad there on the west side of TN. Its alittle far for us!
    Nate Martin
    2012 Hot Summer Nites Champion
    Thanks to:
    Rpm offroad
    Speed energy
    Twisted Images

Re: tmxa

Originally posted by eightysix86
    tmxa sounds like they have there %^$* together! To bad there on the west side of TN. Its alittle far for us!
    TMXA did a good job. Looks like they may be getting strict this year, even though the 50cc mini quad looked like a run whatcha brung race. Kinda like a Indy race.

That's never good! Especially in that class. I guess the issue is people can't understand that 50 means 50.... Not 55.. Not 60... Not even 51. It's a 50 class. That's the main reason we quit doing a lot of locals...
    Landen Houchens #336

2010 Ky State Champ
    2011 DBMX Champ
    2011 ATVMX top ten

Kaiden Houchens #766

Thanks to:
    South Central Electric
    Triple A Powersports
    Thomas Garage
    Motowoz Shocks
    Fly Racing
    Ryno Racing Motors
    FTR Graphics
    Fasst Company

The class is 50cc quad 4 to 8 year old, and is for DRR, Apex, and Cobra. It doesn't split CVT and single speed. I don't believe that it is specified whether it is a production class or not. There is one quad out there that is a Cobra motor in an Extreme chassis. That quad has been allowed to run for several seasons in the TMXA. No one has protested it. I assume that is what he means by run what you brung.

The special 50 class is for beginners on non race quads, such as Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, and the various Chinese yard quads. This is a non championship class that does not award points.

If someone feels that the engine size limit is being broken in the class, then they need to protest the machine as an individual or as a group. The TMXA is very strict about this issue and will disqualify the individual for the rest of the season in that particular class. These rules are to ensure a quality race series for all involved. It is the responsibility of the fellow race families to help bring it to the attention of the race officials.

This is a good series with quality riders and families. But, if a rider is looking for an easy win, go to another series.

Originally posted by Cobra50Dad
    That's never good! Especially in that class. I guess the issue is people can't understand that 50 means 50.... Not 55.. Not 60... Not even 51. It's a 50 class. That's the main reason we quit doing a lot of locals...
    You are exactly right. There is no replacement for displacement.You can only get SO much out of a 50cc engine. I dont give a crap what parts you put on it. It will only do so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast