Originally posted by jay-r
The class is 50cc quad 4 to 8 year old, and is for DRR, Apex, and Cobra. It doesn't split CVT and single speed. I don't believe that it is specified whether it is a production class or not. There is one quad out there that is a Cobra motor in an Extreme chassis. That quad has been allowed to run for several seasons in the TMXA. No one has protested it. I assume that is what he means by run what you brung.

The special 50 class is for beginners on non race quads, such as Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, and the various Chinese yard quads. This is a non championship class that does not award points.

If someone feels that the engine size limit is being broken in the class, then they need to protest the machine as an individual or as a group. The TMXA is very strict about this issue and will disqualify the individual for the rest of the season in that particular class. These rules are to ensure a quality race series for all involved. It is the responsibility of the fellow race families to help bring it to the attention of the race officials.

This is a good series with quality riders and families. But, if you are looking for an easy win, go to another series.
Jamie there must be a reason you took what I said the way you did. I didn't call anybody out. I AM not new to motorsports. Maybe to miniquads. If we wanted an easy win we would have left Gavin in the special 50 class. I am not going to another series. If you want an easy win stay in the 50cc mini quads. Nobody here is racin for money anyways. I think people that stay in a class and smoke everybody else looks more stupid than the rest, which is the reason Gavin dont race in the class he was last year. He was smokin those other kids. Im not going to another series.

If you are lookin for any easy win you are cheating yourself.

We may have had a good turnout the first race but when people see a few quads smokin the rest they get discouraged. They dont go to another SERIES , They just quit showing up all together. MAYBE THATS THE REASON QUAD RACING IS DYING.