Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini racing this summer, let's support these guys!!

Mini racing this summer, let's support these guys!!

i just wanted to post this so you all can mark it down on your calendars. While other tracks are closing and not allowing mini's and/or quads Reads racing in Northern Indiana is stepping up with a Midwest ATV Championship series it 3 rounds they give out some great trophies for each race and 4, 3 and 2 footers for overall winners, plus other prizes. First round is Apr 15th, july 22nd, and Sept 3rd. I'm working with them on getting more mini classes if I can get the riders to show up. I'd like to have at the least a 50cc class, 70cc class and 90 production and 90 mod.

They are also going to have a Mini Mayhem weekend which is July 15th 4footer for overall 3footer for 2nd and 2footer for 3rd, I'm pushing to have same classes for this also.

Help me, help support the tracks that are still interested in us, all you Michigan, Ohio, Ill riders it's not that bad of a drive

www.readsracing.com
    Joshua Graham (my son)
    '11 Buff Daddy, D15, Indiana MX Champ
    '11 MWXC 70cc Champ
    '12 Indiana State Champ 70cc Prod and 90cc Stock
    WWW.JOSHUAGRAHAMRACING.COM

TRX310R

we just lost our local track in NJ this week!
    SUFFOLK RACING CREW
    #918 J.J. Coffing -
    #799 Nick Major -
    #904 Lea Concepcion
    #88 Rickie Bodine-

#918 J.J. Coffing
    2012 SPONSORS
    SUFFOLK RACING, ,
    HETRICK RACING
    GET DIRTY MX
    2012 TEAM HETRICK NATIONAL RIDER
    2011 ATVA Nationals 5th place 50cvt
    2011 Atco Mx 70 Mod 2nd place
    2010 ATCO MX Series 50 prod. Champion 1st
    2010 Thunder in the Sand Series 3rd
    2009 ATCO MX Series 50Lim 1st Place
    2009 Thunder in the Sand 50 Lim 1st Place
    2009 District 6 50cc lim. 3rd Place
    2008 Atlantic Grand Prix XC Series
    50cc Limited Champ 1st place

Originally posted by coffing918
    we just loss our local track in NJ this week!
    ^^^^this is the reason I'd like to get some more mini riders out to support these promoters, they are going out of their way to support the quads..... There are about 5-6 National riders that do ride up there just so you know the competition is good.
    Joshua Graham (my son)
    '11 MWXC 70cc Champ

TRX310R

i'm in sw mi, nw indiana and i run d14 in mi. i was going to try the reed tracks last yr as i know some people who run them. i looked at video on some of the tracks and they don't look that great. does the video not do them justice? also noticed they had only like 2 classes for mini's. if its nice maybe we can get some d14 riders if theres no state races going on.
    David Fairchild #521 2012 (50 production & 70 production)
    Daniel Fairchild #807 2012 (90 mod)

David 2011 D14 50 Limited Champion
    Daniel 2011 D14 70 Prod. 2nd place

Thanks to Fierce Powersports!!

D15 sets the classes, but just for those two events I'm trying to get Reads to make more classes, I told them for D15 points they could still holeshot together just get scored seperately for the the Midwest ATV Championship and Mini Mayhem. Hangtime is a nice track big with plenty of elevation, D&D is sandy not a huge track but very friendly for all riders of any level, and Trojan is also sandy the changed it at the end of the year but I think they are switching it back to something else cause no one liked the new design. They talked like they are going to put more time into the tracks so hopefully it just gets better.
    Joshua Graham (my son)
    '11 MWXC 70cc Champ

TRX310R

We might be interested if they have a mod class that we could run our Pister cr90 in. I would definitely want to see the rules before I made the trip.

Don't schedule the races the same weekend of a national and they might get some good #'s.

Trojan and Hang time look like nice tracks, the other 2 , look rather small, plus parking looked pretty small also.
    PROUD DAD OF ZACH ROMELL#7x
    07 yamaha yfz 450
    00 Honda 400ex
    05 drr pit quad

Thanks to Shawn Snyder for all his help all these past race years!

zach, you should look at d14 tracks, they are real nice tracks not national level but still nice. i don't know where you are in oh, but thatchers drive from toledo area
    David Fairchild #521 2012 (50 production & 70 production)
    Daniel Fairchild #807 2012 (90 mod)

David 2011 D14 50 Limited Champion
    Daniel 2011 D14 70 Prod. 2nd place

Thanks to Fierce Powersports!!

We are planning on staying with the CRA here in Ohio mostly this year. Pretty much all the tracks we run on for CRA are at least 2 hrs or more from our home ( we live on lake erie in a small tourist town next to Cedar Point). We like to travel and run other tracks, just don't want to travel 5-10 hrs . I run a small concrete company and can't afford to take 4 days off two or three times a month. I love running the nationals, you just don't get better competition, but I make my money in the summer and time is money!

I am going to check and see what milage is from my house to these tracks. Only place we have been too in Indiana is the Badlands in Attica... awesome place!
    PROUD DAD OF ZACH ROMELL#7x
    07 yamaha yfz 450
    00 Honda 400ex
    05 drr pit quad

Thanks to Shawn Snyder for all his help all these past race years!

we raced reads tracks last year, had a good time. We got to meet skyeryder and his son, Josh and Kyle had some good battles out there. As stated before, trojan and hangtime are good tracks, never made it to their others. We didn't run after redbud, I crashed and shattered my wrist, had to have surgery to fix it. We will be out there again next year.
    skyeryder tell Josh that Kyle and I said congrats on his season last year.

Originally posted by jt04-450r
    we raced reads tracks last year, had a good time. We got to meet skyeryder and his son, Josh and Kyle had some good battles out there. As stated before, trojan and hangtime are good tracks, never made it to their others. We didn't run after redbud, I crashed and shattered my wrist, had to have surgery to fix it. We will be out there again next year.
    skyeryder tell Josh that Kyle and I said congrats on his season last year.
    Thanks, we missed having you guys there, glad to hear your coming back we heard you guys had hung it up. I hope to have him run nationals and the special events at Reads for 2012 c-ya then Scott
    Joshua Graham (my son)
    '11 MWXC 70cc Champ

TRX310R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast