Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a 700xx be set up for gncc?

Can a 700xx be set up for gncc?

Ive never been a yamaha fan, hate 450 maintainence , and they always try to make stuff the hard way. weak clutches, tranny probs, etc. Hondas been the make, even if its been treated like crap, that starts every time. The IRS is what im questioning, and the 500lbs. If they made a straight axle xx with better fuel mapping and shed some lbs it would be perfect. Im on a built 416ex and a yfz450 and im looking at a bb sport quad. Any input would be nice
    2002 400ex
    Wiseco 416 11:1 piston
    Sparks 8 plate clutch kit
    Stage 2 hot cam
    CRF450 Timing Chain
    HMF full system
    Kenda Bear Klaw rears
    Dynojet kit
    K&N Air Filter
    Precharger, no aiirbox lid
    MSR Bars

good to know that i must say it is nice share lovely post

I have a 700 with a power commander and a motoworks pipe, with some razrs on it. I honestly cant tell how much it weighs when im riding it and having irs helps alot in the woods not worring about the rear end dragging. The only thing i would change on it is the suspension.... the front end seems to dive alot and seems way softer than the rear. With 20 inch tires on the rear i never touch the clutch while riding in the woods.

I think it would be a great woods bike the way it is and if it is set up correctly, would woop all the 450s butts.
    Area 51 Motorsports
    Houser/Custom Axis Honda 450R MX bike #22

Id probably get some holeshot gnccs on it, the slide left and right good and hook up going forward. Id stay stock to keep it quiet, maybe the only time id go fmf on the pipe to keep it quiet
    -
    2002 400ex
    Wiseco 416 11:1 piston
    Sparks 8 plate clutch kit
    Stage 2 hot cam
    CRF450 Timing Chain
    HMF full system
    Kenda Bear Klaw rears
    Dynojet kit
    K&N Air Filter
    Precharger, no aiirbox lid
    MSR Bars

Width would be the only worry. If you are going to run 20" tires on the rear, you will have to switch to 10" wheels, that will make the rear just over 50" wide. Even if you keep the stock 11" wheels, you will still be around 48" wide. I know I have read most XC quads are around 46" to 47" wide. If the extra width is not a concern, then you should have no problem setting the 700XX up for GNCC.

Your biggest change should be shocks, as 06 Honda 450R mentioned, the fronts are just plain horrible. The only place they belong is in a trash can. Rears don't seem to bad, but have not really had a chance to push them to there limits, I reach the limits on the fronts first. I would say tires and shocks, you should be good to go.

Doug
    2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
    (BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2013 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Dirttricks.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

I agree the front shocks could be upgraded there just underdamped, as far as the weight goes it doesn't feel heavy to me at all. I came from a 400ex which is about 100 pounds lighter and I cant tell the XX weighs 500 pounds keep in mind that is wet full of fluids. You might check into a l8ton sway bar for the tight turns too. The xx has a different rider style than a straight axle instead of powering through corners I kinda roll into them and power out of them if not the front gets to light and pushes a little from all the torque.
    hotcam stage 1
    unifilter
    Dr.D slip on
    450r shocks
    full skid plates all around
    msr 400ex bend handle bars
    omf scoops
    jetted carb
    maxis razrs all around

wanted: ims roll foot pegs
    ims roll heel guards
    more time to ride!!!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    SOLD SOLD

Now a proud owner of a 700XX

I raced VetB at Snowshoe last year, 2011. All I have done to mine a a steering stab, L8ton sway bar, houser front arms and shocks, and elkas in the rear. Had I been in shape for that race, I would have gotten 3 laps in and have finished middle of the pack... Get your elkas from Bob Bell at Precision Concepts, the man that did Wayne Matlocks susp... made all the difference in the world with my rears, got them back from service and revalve three weeks ago. The 700XX was made for GNCC.
    08 700XX
    07 VForce (Wifes')

1992 Dodge Dakota
    4WD to 2WD conversion
    Auto to 5 spd Tremec TKO 600 conv.
    FAST XFI controlled
    TC-76 Turbocharged 537RWHP

06 Quadcab Diesel Ram
    boxed, filtered, and piped

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/blak92

http://www.atvrideronline.com/quads/...d/viewall.html

They kinda over did it on the build , but the 700xx loves XC. I did it for 2 years ,here in the UK.

I don't know the rules on running GNCC , living in the UK . A little more info on the rules and you're budget , I should be able to help you out.

a 700xx with a axle would be insane. i wonder if you could do some kind of conversion. i mean u can put a irs system on quads with axles so why not convert a irs quad to a axle
    08 400ex , cut fenders, HMF slipon with modified stock header, 11:1 wiseco piston, stage 2 hot cams, burgard +2+1 a arms, rebuilt 450r shocks, tusk axle, rear itp baja rims with dunlop quadmax sports all around, racesin nerfbars and bumper, houser plus 1 stem with atv low bend pro taper bars asv lever streamline clutch cable and oury grips, rejeted 165 main jet 40 pilot and dynojet needle with K&N air filter, runs no airbox (sold)

05 trx 450r 13.5:1 je piston, port polish, stage 2 hotcam, full yoshi pipe, uni filter, +2 a arms +4 lonestar axle, stage 3 std travle elka, hiper rear rims, itp baja front rims, itp holeshots dunlop quadmax sport, bare gusset kit, quadtech hood, pro armor bumper, dg nerfs, +1 houser stem, protape atv low bend bars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast