Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did i hear?

What did i hear?

Ok,
    I remember a long time ago, i was riding around with some guy i met, and i had no idea what kind of quad he was riding.. Well, i didn't really pay attention to it, but i'm thinking it was some sort of raptor...

I was amazed when we stopped i heard all the fans kicking on, the quad was beautiful. Well, he started her up as i bent down to pick up something, and OW my ear.

It was a LOUD bike.. The loudest i remember ever hearing...

So to this day i wonder what kind of bike that was, i don't ever remeber seeing the guy again... So....

Anyone have any idea what the loudest Quad + pipe combinations are?

Out here in the dunes I'd have to say straight piped/Drag muffler'd built raptors and 450's are pretty close.
    2006 450ER black.HRC,Acerbis,Pro-Taper,Pro-Armour,DG,K&N,Pro-moto intake,ITP,Tusk,Skat-Trak,Maxxis,Dunlop..to many tires
    2002 cr250 FMF turbine core 2+Gnarly,Uni/Maxima,Steahly FWW,Works Connection rad braces,Cycra pro-bends,Plastic bash plate
    2000 XR50 TAG,Red Baron,TB
    400ex,400ex,500 Rubicon.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, AND GEARS

Re: What did i hear?

Originally posted by TacicalRedneck

Anyone have any idea what the loudest Quad + pipe combinations are?

The worst kind....especially when you are talking about keeping trails open and neighboring property owners happy.

Now, I realize you think its neat, and it is. But he's not doing our sport any favors.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

Re: Re: What did i hear?

Originally posted by derekhonda
    The worst kind....especially when you are talking about keeping trails open and neighboring property owners happy.

Now, I realize you think its neat, and it is. But he's not doing our sport any favors.

We all ride at differant places. This particular place is in the boonedocks. It is a working farm. No one cares about how loud your quad is here. It is a status symbol.

At the house, no one cares either. We all have land, and theyre just as loud as me. Its not like im in the suburbs or city.

We dont worry about things like that out here, remember, 1 rule doesnt apply to all.

I think you have it with the tc or my curtis sparks shorty
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

I have a TC Shorty I'll sell ya!

Re: Re: Re: What did i hear?

Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
    We all ride at differant places. This particular place is in the boonedocks. It is a working farm. No one cares about how loud your quad is here. It is a status symbol.

At the house, no one cares either. We all have land, and theyre just as loud as me. Its not like im in the suburbs or city.

We dont worry about things like that out here, remember, 1 rule doesnt apply to all.
    It only takes one dingleberry to call the cops a few times and you're SOL.. Personally, even though I ride private land exclusively (no trails..), I try to keep mine as quiet as possible. The sound can still echo great distances.

I used to live on a very remote country road, and there were a few kids on Z/KFX 400s that used to fly 5th gear pinned down the road.. sure enough cops started partrolling this remote country road.

Just try and be smart/respectful about it. Loud doesn't mean power..

Re: Re: Re: Re: What did i hear?

Originally posted by chronicsmoke
    It only takes one dingleberry to call the cops a few times and you're SOL.. Personally, even though I ride private land exclusively (no trails..), I try to keep mine as quiet as possible. The sound can still echo great distances.

I used to live on a very remote country road, and there were a few kids on Z/KFX 400s that used to fly 5th gear pinned down the road.. sure enough cops started partrolling this remote country road.

Just try and be smart/respectful about it. Loud doesn't mean power..

but remember, its a status thing....dont you know?! kinda like lifted trucks, fat girlfriends, and sleeveless flannels.......

anywho....best friend from highschool had a built 05 450r (recently sold it adn purchased a 400 scrambler) and it had a prototype gt thunder/hmf exhaust on it.....that was the loudest most ignorant sounding quad ive ever ridden or been around....i do have to say that it did give me about a quarter chub just listening to it while riding it ahaha
    "Not all girls with tattoos are sluts, but every slut has a tattoo"

2005 400ex / HMF Performance Slip on/ Uni with no lid / trail tech clamps with tusk fat bars /Cyrca hand guards/ ODI ruffian lock ons / Kenda Kutter XC's /DWT Rock'n'Lock fronts with DWT G2 rears/ Tusk fat peg nerfs / Bling Star Iron Cross/Jet Stealth shock conversion 450r front shocks/ gregs atv rear shock with gtt xc link/ CCP steering stabilizer/GTT swing arm skid

So if i show up in your town with a TC shorty, will i be considered the baddest dude around?
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

Take your stock pipe, and cut it in half with a sawzall. I think that's about as loud as you can get. One day you will grow out of the loud pipe thing and focus on power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast