Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 400ex light assembly

400ex light assembly

I headlight assembly has seen better days. The assembly wont tighten due to broken bolt holes and was wondering whats the best remedy. New one? Can I get just that part? Where's the cheapest? etc. You get the picture...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2000 Honda 400EX

Might help

I got fullbore plastics for my 400ex and i got race cut stock fenders fronts and rears and my complete headlight assembly if u might be interested, just make me a offer!

Hey Beast, do you have any pics of the full bore plastic? does it have the lights? what color did you get?
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

no i dont have any pics of my fullbore plastics as of now! im waiting on my frame i dropped it off thursday at the powdercoaters and my roll a-arms came in friday. Swingarm is next and ill have it all put together with a nice big picture for everyone too see of my baby The fullbore does not come with places for the headlights though, Also i got blue just like everything else now on my bike frame powdercoated blue swingarm and a-arms done that way too!!

sounds sweet, is the plastic like the 250R plastic? i dont know if youve seen that plastic, but does it have like two holes in the front, down by the very front of the nose of the plastic?
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

fullbore 400EX plastic

heres a pic of fullbore plastic for the 400.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1985 LT250R < stolen!
    2002 400EX

Hey u guys are on here this late at night Why dont u come in the chat room im in there now! ill bump it up to the top of the open forum.

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    The bolts in my lights stripped out too and i can't keep them tight, so i ordered a Quad Tech carbon fiber hood to replace my lights. And if something happens to that, i'm gonna buy full bore too. It looks really really really really really really really really really nice!
    Retired --- For Now

1.get some DEVCON plastic welder at K-mart and 2 small thin nuts with short bolts or fine thread screws to match.2.clean all of the surfaces that the welder will be applied to with some rubbing alcohol or the product that is used to prep PVC pipe before it is jointed(highly recommended).3.set the nuts in the housing where the broken ones were and apply the DEVCON without getting any on the threads.put more on than needed to be sure it will hold.it is not runny so you can try putting the bolts in but if you get any on the threads you will have to keep turning them until the welder sets(10 minutes).4. get a razor blade or a dremel to get rid of the excess but not too much.5. leave it cure overnight in a warm dry place,then you are done.i have very little on mine and it is still holding after a year and few months.the DEVCON plastic welder is amazingly strong,much stronger than the plastic the housing is made out of.

leo,this is a common problem.could you possibly move this to the "best of forum"?
    Last edited by crday98; 12-11-2001 at 11:33 PM.

broken head light assembly

i used expoxy for plastics - Follow crday98 post and that should fix your problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast