The worst part about the Outlaw will be all the Polaris haters, like the first reply. Anyone who's had first had experience will tell you how impressive of a machine they are. I'm not biased, as I've owned the Z400, TRX450r, LTR450 and KFX450.

The MXR will be the fastest out of the bikes your looking at. With just a slip on, no airbox lid and properly jetted, it makes serious power. The biggest issue with the Outlaw is the lack of aftermarket support, and even less used parts available. I had the same problem with the KFX, but the Outlaw is worse.

I started making/fabbing my own mods. If you can do that, it's even cheaper to mod than buying used parts for a Honda. The Outlaw is also easier to work on than any of the FI bikes I've owned, by far. The only bike comparably easy was the TRX kicker. Reverse is handy to have, and it doesn't take much for the MXR to be a serious contender. As far as common "issues", I don't think there are any. Maybe the common 'bog' with the FCR39MX carb after re-jetting, but mine was cured with the 'o-ring mod'. Goodluck with your decision, and if you want more info, Butter suggest the best site for it.