Thread: Possibly switching to Kawi

Possibly switching to Kawi

Right now I'm on a built 400ex and I'm looking at going to the Kfx450r. A lot of people think it's a good idea, some people said it's stupid. I am trying to convince myself one way or another because I'll be spending all of my extra spending money for the next month to get one and I want to make sure it's going to be worth it. Obviously, this thing is going to stay in stock trim for awhile since it'll cost a bit for me to get it, I'll be doing small stuff like suspension tuning and what not, but how good are these things for stock? I'll probably get to the basics next year and save money up until then.
    High RPM Motocross - Trippin Rev Limiters since 2010

2006 Trx450er - White Brothers Aluminum Pro Full Exhaust * Sedona Bazooka Tires * Tusk Nerf Bars * DG Grab Bar * Magura Handlebars * More To Come!

RIP 400ex

go to KFX450HQ and youll find all the info you need. lots of helpfull guys on that site.
    Green KFX450R - PCIII, 13" Dasa pipe, Fuel ATV Intake, Walsh Flow A-arms, PEP PB1's, Crower Intake cam & dirt bike exhaust cam

Black KFX450R - Roll A-arms, Fox DCS shocks,

They are fine stock. Not the fastest thing in the world but still a solid quad. I would start by putting a 15t front sprocket on it. Gives it quite abit more top end. Then the biggest power adder would be a FCI (Fuel customs intake) and of course then you will need a fuel programmer and then should come exhaust.

Originally posted by livetoride
    go to KFX450HQ and youll find all the info you need. lots of helpfull guys on that site.
    I posted there a few days ago and got zero response. It's a shame more guys don't use this site, this forum has been great for the other quads I've owned.

Good to know, I'll definitely look into it. Right now the one I'm looking at has a stock intake but a K&N filter with no outerwears. Not pumped on that so I'll be making the changes necessary ASAP. However, the Kfx has far more HP and torque than my Ex, and a bit more than my piped 04 Trx had so I won't be too disappointed.

2006 Trx450er - White Brothers Aluminum Pro Full Exhaust * Sedona Bazooka Tires * Tusk Nerf Bars * DG Grab Bar * Magura Handlebars * More To Come!

RIP 400ex

Biggest complaint about my kawi when i got it was the seat. Im very pleased with everything else. I now have a quadtech hump seat and now i really love my quad. You can always get some extra foam and a cover to make it more comfy. Once the suspension is dialed in and toe in is set right the kawi rides and handles awesome.

Good luck with whatever your decision is!

Kfx450hq is a great place for questions on the kfx. Im suprised no one answered you. I didnt even see your thread or i would have replied.

At this point I'm going to look at it for sure, might as well! If it runs well and the guy likes my 400 then I'll do it for sure.

Ahhhh yes the seat, that's what everyone says. At least it's an easy fix!

Do you happen to have the suspension settings you went with? I'd be interested to see what people are using suspension-wise.

RIP 400ex

I don't remember exactly what my settings are. I'd have to take a look at them. Just make sure the toe is set at 1/8th inch in. There is a video on YouTube by atvridersonline that tells you what to set the shocks at.

Awesome I'll check that out!

RIP 400ex

Here is the writeup of that video. They list the settings in there.

http://www.atvrideronline.com/quads/...iew/index.html

Yeah, come on over to the HQ... Duster's Paradise

I have both quads in question.
    So what is it exactly that you want to know?

I can give you a real good unbiased opinion of both quads. I have no loyalties and respect both quads for what they are.

And I don't have the "450 syndrome" either.
    '08 Monster Kawasaki KFX450R (black)
    Too many mods

'99 Sport 400
    Out of a time capsule
    Bone stock, new condition (6/08)

'00 TRX400EX
    Already a project in progress
    Full Yoshimura Exhaust, UNI filter & jetting
    ITP Holeshot HD rears XC fronts on ITP T-9 Baja wheels
    PRM Desert Bumper, PRM full skid protection, & CDB air scoops
    T.M. Design Powerlip Chain Guide, DG Nerf Bars & Pro Armor FAT Pegs
    Duncan Graphics kit, gripper seat cover & Shock-Pros flame covers