Thread: Outlaw 525 not running smooth

Outlaw 525 not running smooth

My friend has been having trouble with his outlaw for some time now. Got the decompression lever replaced because that was broke. Before that was fixed and still to this day it backfires terribly and won't idle worth a crap. Checked the little bowl on the bottom of the carb and it was clean and had no water. Messed with the idle screw and it didn't help mcuh to make a difference with it staying running. Any suggestions? I am stumped. Thanks in advance.
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

its hiss jets from the sounds of it its either to rich or to lean
    08 400ex , cut fenders, HMF slipon with modified stock header, 11:1 wiseco piston, stage 2 hot cams, burgard +2+1 a arms, rebuilt 450r shocks, tusk axle, rear itp baja rims with dunlop quadmax sports all around, racesin nerfbars and bumper, houser plus 1 stem with atv low bend pro taper bars asv lever streamline clutch cable and oury grips, rejeted 165 main jet 40 pilot and dynojet needle with K&N air filter, runs no airbox (sold)

05 trx 450r 13.5:1 je piston, port polish, stage 2 hotcam, full yoshi pipe, uni filter, +2 a arms +4 lonestar axle, stage 3 std travle elka, hiper rear rims, itp baja front rims, itp holeshots dunlop quadmax sport, bare gusset kit, quadtech hood, pro armor bumper, dg nerfs, +1 houser stem, protape atv low bend bars

Is it ok on upper rpm's? If it won't idle, pops and bangs on lower rpm, but seems ok up on top, then you have a pilot jet clogged.

Hey guys i just wanted to say, if you have problems with your polaris bike, go to www.polarisproriders.com. There is an AWESOME group of guys over there who know these things inside and out that would be glad to help. Hope to see you there!
    * Spode Freestyler *

Team Spode Racing

Thank you to my sponsors: DWT, Motoworks, Lone Star Racing, Dirt Fiend Racing, Go Pro Cameras, Amsoil, Spy Optics, Motoconcepts, We All Ride Clothing, Leatt Braces, ODI Grips

2004 YFZ450