Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you Decked the cylinder

OnOneWheel: How does that 440 "short deck" run? Also, which cam did you go with?
    Mods: Big Gun FS w/MM quiet core, no lid , K&N, FCR41, 11.3:1 440 and Web 479 cam, porting, no choke. Works TRS fronts & Ultracross rear shock, a few other goodies
    450R,250EX, Blaster, Banshee

MIKE400EX,
    I am still waitng on the cam to come. It is a TC racing cam, but I am not sure if I am going to use it because it is on back order and i am sick of waiting. So if it does not get here quick I will be getting another cam elsewhere. No offense to T.C.. As soon as I can get this thing going I will start a new thread with all of the information, parts and specs as well as how it runs. :devil
    1998 Banshee .060" over, Delta 2 reeds, Stage2 porting, 28mm Mikunis, Toomey T5's, Pro design cool head.

Ononewheel, did you Order the Cam from TC? Rocky Ridge Racing is a TC Dealer and Sells all of TC`s Parts. You should call and ask them if they have any Cams. What kind did you get, MX or XC?
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

It's the xc, straight from tc. Trouble is.... he has the core already.
    1998 Banshee .060" over, Delta 2 reeds, Stage2 porting, 28mm Mikunis, Toomey T5's, Pro design cool head.

Matt. Actually it's easier to put the metal back on for me! One of the things we do here is plasma spray; anything from plastics to carbides to ceramics to stainless... The problem here is that our machining capability is archaic, I have to go to friends shops to use the CNC stuff!
    Mods: Big Gun FS w/MM quiet core, no lid , K&N, FCR41, 11.3:1 440 and Web 479 cam, porting, no choke. Works TRS fronts & Ultracross rear shock, a few other goodies

Very cool Mike. Having the ability to add metal is great.
    I have little to no knowledge of plasma spray. Could you educate me a bit?

Mike400EX-
    I noticed in your sig. that you've got a somewhat similar setup to mine. I just put the comp core in my exhaust replacing the quiet core and s/a. It wasn't too much louder and there was a significant increase in power across the board. If a little more noise isn't a problem, try it and see what you think. BTW- I didn't need to make any other changes.

2slow, Thanks! I'll try that soon - The bike is still apart from putting the 440 & cam in it. I modified the quiet core some, it didn't seem any louder but it did pull harder - not hard to do if you're interested. Did you take the S/A screen out too?

good info

Keeping it near the top, good info here. Lets not let it get buried

Back to cam specs.

I put in a wb all-around cam in and the specs were a little different than what I measured. They were pretty close so I'm unsure about my accuracy.

Intake- .341 lift, 240 at .50
    Exhaust- .335 lift, 248 at .50
    107 lobe centers

I didn't write down the open/close degrees or the valve overlap (I'm cind a retarted) but seems like 15 deg. overlap sounds familar.

Doubt this info will matter but would be interesting to get accurate specs on all the popular cams and compare them and cost.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast