Thread: Have you Decked the cylinder

Threaded View

Disho1, that is a good question. All automotive cam manufacturers give you a spec sheet that will tell you when everything is supposed to happen. Trouble is for some unkown reason the folks that are selling these quad cams are greedy with the specs, you can get lift and duration but after that you are pulling teeth. Web is the only one I saw that would give lobe centers but that is it. I am sorry I do not have a good answer for you. But try this, go to a performance shop for cars and get a book about building motors and it should tell you all about degreeing.
    Oh, and Matt you rule dude. Are you into racecars? You are right about more of this stuff needing to be posted, there is so much free horspower in engine building it's shocking. The only reason we decked it instead of using thin gaskets is because we have access to a head broach and gaskets cost us more money and time. We are going to clay it up and see what we got. I am concerned that if we have to oblong the holes to advance the cam, it will be in the direction that it will slip back and fall off. Do you have any ideas? I will let you guys know what we find out we are waing on the cam to come so we are on hold right now.
    Last edited by Ononewheel; 02-17-2002 at 07:42 AM.
    1998 Banshee .060" over, Delta 2 reeds, Stage2 porting, 28mm Mikunis, Toomey T5's, Pro design cool head.