Thread: sportsman 500 oil

sportsman 500 oil

a buddy of mine just bought a 08 500 sportsman. what oil should it run and how much?
    honda TRX 450r
    +3 Burgard long travel A-Arms
    +4 G-force axle
    long travel fox float shocks
    ims roll nerfs and heel gards
    Hiper CF1-A beadlock wheels
    quad tech carbon fiber hood
    tag T-2 handel bars
    tag oversized bar mount
    LRD pro 4 ballistic full exhaust
    velocity filter
    lrd jet kit
    shaved seat
    grab holes
    Maxxis RAZR tires
    billet gas cap

I personally just go to to a Polaris dealer and buy oil change kit that comes with oil and a filter made for the machine it isn't too outrageously priced. I believe it is a synthetic oil which is always a little pricey. Don't worry about it too much as I don't have to change it as often as say my truck which I run synthetic in too. Would be nice to be able to buy the stuff at say a autoparts store though maybe some one will chime in on that?

I personally just go to to a Polaris dealer and buy oil change kit that comes with oil and a filter made for the machine it isn't too outrageously priced. I believe it is a synthetic oil which is always a little pricey. Don't worry about it too much as I don't have to change it as often as say my truck which I run synthetic in too. Would be nice to be able to buy the stuff at say a autoparts store though maybe some one will chime in on that?

Most people I know use Mobil 1 0/40 syn and a purolator filter from wal mart.