Thread: Anybody ever take their 250x or 300ex to the dunes?

Anybody ever take their 250x or 300ex to the dunes?

So I'm really wanting to take my 250x to the dunes. I live close to pasco washington where the juniper dunes are, but I also want to go to the oregon coast. I'm wondering will a 250 has the balls to make it around the dunes? What's your guys' experience with em?
    ever notice how the "ride it like you stole it" crowd doesn't have anything nice
    1987 trx250x

I have not ridden a 250 at the dunes myself but was on a trip when a friend brought one. It was able to do most of the hills but all of the tallest dunes and real steep ones were a no go. It just didn't have to power to make it up em.

If you happened to be in the area anyways I would say tear it up but I wouldn't recommend planning an exclusive trip just for the dunes.
    '01 TRX400EX
    Jetting: 152 Main Jet, 42 Pilot Jet
    Performance: HMF Competition Slip-on, Uni Air filter, Skat-Trak Haulers (8 paddle), TRX450r Front Shocks
    Misc.: AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs (Black), Renthal Bars

'00 TRX400ex
    Performance: FMF Slip-on, K&N Air Filter, Sand Gecko Paddles

a lot of it will depend on how much you weigh?

your weight and what paddles you have will make a big difference. how well your 250x runs is another issue..

sand is a big robber of power
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

Originally posted by 250r4life
    a lot of it will depend on how much you weigh?

your weight and what paddles you have will make a big difference. how well your 250x runs is another issue..

sand is a big robber of power
    Absolutely, weight to power ratio is a huge factor at the dunes.
    '01 TRX400EX
    Performance: HMF Competition Slip-on, Uni Air filter, Skat-Trak Haulers (8 paddle), TRX450r Front Shocks
    Misc.: AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs (Black), Renthal Bars

'00 TRX400ex
    Performance: FMF Slip-on, K&N Air Filter, Sand Gecko Paddles

my brother at about 130 rode a 250EX and i know a 250X has more balls. i'd say depends on your weight and paddles. Honestly i think hauler style paddles will take alot of power from a bike like yours unless theyre somthing like 6pdl. I'd recommend sand stars. All my hauler extremes do is sit because i love my sandstars haha still plenty fast plus they rock in sand trails and goon riding Be sure to jet also.
    2006 450ER black.HRC,Acerbis,Pro-Taper,Pro-Armour,DG,K&N,Pro-moto intake,ITP,Tusk,Skat-Trak,Maxxis,Dunlop..to many tires
    2002 cr250 FMF turbine core 2+Gnarly,Uni/Maxima,Steahly FWW,Works Connection rad braces,Cycra pro-bends,Plastic bash plate
    2000 XR50 TAG,Red Baron,TB
    400ex,400ex,500 Rubicon.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, AND GEARS

i rode my 300ex in the dunes only mod really was a slip on. it struggled with my dad at silver lake, but me weighing only 135 i made it up all the hills there will sandstar paddles. it was fun, but went back to two wheels. best of luck!
    03 400ex
    bill balance slip on, pro armor nerfs, 450r shocks, renthal bars, and motion pro twist throttle. hopefully more to come