Thread: 1st harescramble in 18 yrs question

1st harescramble in 18 yrs question

Hi guys. A quick question. Been almost 20yrs since i last raced I am going to race some AMA harescrambles this spring, what class would you all reccomend, or what class must i start out in. I am an average to above average rider w/a slighly above average quad. Thanks alot for the help. I just dont want to be one of those guys who goes out & smokes everyone in a lower class, but i also dont want to get in the way of riders who know what they are doing, know what i mean?

Just remember it's alot easier to move up than it is to move down. Me personally, I would start out in C class to see where you end up in the overall. Compare your time to other classes, and that will give a good idea where you belong. Racing is completely different than trail riding. It's a type of tired that really can't be replicated any where else.

T

Thanks, good point, i remember how exhausted i was post race back when i was 19! C class it is!

count your laps running extra laps will affect your average time and set you back. keep a pace you are comfortable with and have fun. I will be racing b class in district 14 this season and some motocross as well. good luck!
    2001 honda 400ex 05 plastics(black) boss bearing carrier, all balls swing arm bearings, answer bars, renthall grips, wisco 11:1 piston, std bore, stg.2 hotcam. port and polish head.

Definitely C class. You will be amazed at how fast racers are and how little your modded quad will matter .

Congratulations on getting back into racing! !

C

Fortunately i have been riding/racing mountain bikes the last 13 years so i am in decent shape overall... Yep, i figured most is rider, especially later in the race. U can hit terminal velocity in thw woods on any size quad. Thanks, i am looking forward to racing again!