Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Laeger's hybrid 250r / Quadzilla

Laeger's hybrid 250r / Quadzilla

I may have the opportunity to buy a Laeger's 250r geometry chassis setup for a Quadzilla motor. I know these are pretty rare and Mark only made a few. It has CR500 rear with narrow front. ProTrax front end. Ohlins shocks, setup for XC racing.

I do NOT have pictures of it. I know its been raced, but in average to above average condition. The current owner knows what it is and is not planning on giving it away, but I am willing to pay a reasonable price for it.

So my question is: 1) How rare is this thing? 2) What kind of money would you guesstimate it's worth? I get the impression it going to take $5-$7K to get him to part with it 3) Has anyone on this forum rode one like this? 4) If these were as awesome as they sound on paper, why didn't they catch on? Anybody with any info on this setup would be appreciated.

Oh yea, It's been sitting in his basement for 10 years un-used. Says he put $2k in the motor back in 2000, raced it twice and parked it. Motor is Duncan Racing / Paul Turner from bottom to top with their portwork and cool head. Custom made one-off exhaust pipe.

I guarantee it is slow , you would be much better off building a nice honda power plant instead of buying someone's headache .

Killer machines don't get road twice then put away!

The only way you should buy it is if you can get it cheap real cheap !

5-7k hes nutz id offer him 2 max

I think he is saying it has no motor.. no different then a 250r geo. banshee.. its a Suzuki.. Suzuki . I would say if mint as a roller 2k if it has a nice set up other then the frame its self. I would pass..
    "Bravery is the capasity to perform properly even when scared to death."

General; Omar Bradley

265cc long rod w. 87 style piston. 39 airstriker pyramid reeds trx 9 pipe, on race gas, stock frame, pro pegs, +2+1 a arms, +2 +1 stem, 88-89 length swing arm, + axle, works front shocks, re-worked back shock.

96 banshee, toomy pipes, 28 pwk's, +4 timeing, boyseen dual stage reeds, +4 durablu axle, 2009 yfz front end.

Originally posted by honda350r
    I guarantee it is slow , you would be much better off building a nice honda power plant instead of buying someone's headache .

Killer machines don't get road twice then put away!

The only way you should buy it is if you can get it cheap real cheap !
    um have you seen all the barn find 250rs round?!?! that zilla motor is bad ***... they make a hybred and putthe min the lt250 chassis and make a TT or top end quad out of it cause they are lighter then the zilla chassis...

they are rare, this is the 3rd one i've heard of... if you pass it up i would like to talk with the guy if i can, it really comes down if its a true leager zilla chassis or if it was a 250r he changed to a 250r.

if you didnt post this in the 250r fourm and post it some place else you would get alot different responces...

yeah its a LT 250r but i think the Lt is alot better quad then what people make it out to be... havin a 250r Geo chassis and a zilla motor would be nuts... i just hope your not buying this just to part it out...
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

The Zilla motor is badass ? Really ?

you dont have to be a dick about it... i thought there was a zilla motor in it? is there or isnt there? 800screws had a JP outlaw chassis and he was asking about 6500 i think... i think he started at 8 though...
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

RIP John Gallagher Sr

So it is set up for a 250 or 500 suzuki? I don't know alot about all the laeger set ups for these. But I do know a guy here in wisconsin had a suzuki 500 motor in a stock 250r chassis I believe and it was fast!!! It had so much bottom end he hardly had to shift...he could just lug it around the track like a 4 stroke.

And this was running in a highly talented 2stroke A class. I believe this one had a custom Aaen pipe on it. He ran mx with it mainly and some tt.

I don't know what one of these is worth...but I would say if you can get a deal on it and you want something fast-buy it.
    In loving memory of my brother Dustin #81 1984-2006
    1989 TRX 250R
    1988 TRX CT330R
    1987 TRX 250R
    1986 TRX 250R
    2005 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 Auto
    1996 Harley Davidson Bad Boy

Originally posted by red88r
    So it is set up for a 250 or 500 suzuki? I don't know alot about all the laeger set ups for these. But I do know a guy here in wisconsin had a suzuki 500 motor in a stock 250r chassis I believe and it was fast!!! It had so much bottom end he hardly had to shift...he could just lug it around the track like a 4 stroke.

And this was running in a highly talented 2stroke A class. I believe this one had a custom Aaen pipe on it. He ran mx with it mainly and some tt.

I don't know what one of these is worth...but I would say if you can get a deal on it and you want something fast-buy it.
    i know that dude your talkin about he had it for sale for like 4300 or something like that with elkas and some other stuff... it wasnt a OE chassis i would have bought that... that would been a sick quad....

RIP John Gallagher Sr

Originally posted by woodsracer144
    you dont have to be a dick about it... i thought there was a zilla motor in it? is there or isnt there? 800screws had a JP outlaw chassis and he was asking about 6500 i think... i think he started at 8 though...
    Yeah hes just a dink-you gotta remember this is the same guy that said a stock 250r maybe could hang with a 300ex and get killed by a 450. Just trying to start something again. If he does'nt have anything good to say he should just shut his mouth!
    In loving memory of my brother Dustin #81 1984-2006
    1989 TRX 250R
    1988 TRX CT330R
    1987 TRX 250R
    1986 TRX 250R
    2005 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 Auto
    1996 Harley Davidson Bad Boy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast