Thread: help quick how do you get the bearing carrier out of the swing arm.

help quick how do you get the bearing carrier out of the swing arm.

help quick how do you get the bearing carrier out of the swing arm.
    2004 Honda 450R, +4 lonstar, ss front lines, nerfs, +2 LT housers, longtravel Pep big bottle comp and reb adj. triple rate shocks with rezzies and clamp.. , 13:1 compression piston, hrc cam,full belly ac skid plate. 8x8 beads with mxr's powdercoated red with black ring, Kumho radials on powdercoated red rims. lots more pc'd items. renthal fatbars, stealth black powdercoated frame, and guesseted, also powdercoated fire red clutch cover and valve cover,,
    http://atvnews.s4.bizhat.com/index.php?mforum=atvnews
    www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/quader400

well if ya are changing bearings, take the axle out, hubs off, pull it out to the left i think, then loosen the 4 allen bolts on the back, and pull the little clip off the right side, and slide out the carrier
    416ex part out

i got it down to just the carrier i got the clip off of the right side and then does the carrier come out of the left. it seemed like there was some thing else holding it. like another clip but i did not see one.
    2004 Honda 450R, +4 lonstar, ss front lines, nerfs, +2 LT housers, longtravel Pep big bottle comp and reb adj. triple rate shocks with rezzies and clamp.. , 13:1 compression piston, hrc cam,full belly ac skid plate. 8x8 beads with mxr's powdercoated red with black ring, Kumho radials on powdercoated red rims. lots more pc'd items. renthal fatbars, stealth black powdercoated frame, and guesseted, also powdercoated fire red clutch cover and valve cover,,
    http://atvnews.s4.bizhat.com/index.php?mforum=atvnews
    www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/quader400

yes it comes out from the left, there is a sort of like plate, that when to turn the chain tightener, it turns also, pull that off. it is on the right side, and will come off, you might have to pry it off with a flat-head, then pull the carrier off to the left, it might be a little hard, and i had to twist mine a little to get the carrier out.
    tell me if ya need to know more, just went through the same thing, except waiting for my o-rings to come tomorrow.
    P.S. there are 3 o-rings on the carrier, make sure they are in good condition, mine were missing half, and stretched from wear and taking them out.
    416ex part out

there is an oring to take off to. He mentioned it in the post above.

PS, you might have to spray some wd 40 by the allen key (in the slot) to get the carrier out, some times it gets filled with dirt and stuff so it kinda gets stuck in there.
    94 4trax 300 4x4 01 MXZ 700 01 400ex 86 250R