Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Underwater Welding

Originally posted by fastredrider44
    I doubt you can get trained to underwater weld in 1 year.
    It's for regular welding.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_m...r_welders_make

http://brassmein.com/articles/underwater.htm

So... insane money vs death.

I know a guy who was an Underwater Welder in the Navy, he worked on submarines... He did it for 5 years, with out incident.. Its all about not making stupid mistakes.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

I read that with the advancements in technology it's much safer. I suppose a lot can go wrong, but it's mostly the persons fault... maybe...

Here is a sample job posting which should give you an idea of what is required for this type of a job.

I know a few divers and they are definitely a very particular type of person. It is extremely demanding both physically and mentally.

======================================

Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspections, mobile offshore production systems, and engineering and project management.

Works below the surface of water, using surface supplied commercial diving or saturation diving to inspect, repair, remove, or install equipment and structures. Will use a variety of power and hand tools, such as drills, sledgehammers, torches, and welding equipment. May be required to perform NDT, rig explosives, or photograph structures or marine life. Will perform rigging both topside and underwater to complete construction projects.
    [list=a][*]High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). [*]Commercial dive school graduate.[*]Minimum of two years diving experience.[*]Must have thorough knowledge of diving practice and theory, and knowledge of equipment uses, repair and maintenance. [*]NDT certification and underwater welding experience helpful.[/list=a]
    As set forth more fully in the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Oceaneering is an equal opportunity employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12