Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To much?

To much?

I know this guy that builds motors and from what I hear he does awesome work. He has 3 quads all motor work done by himself and Im hearing theyre retarded fast and run good. I want him to build me a motor for the 2012 season and i told him what I wanted...and he sent me this bill. Is this to much? Hes using a JE piston and I guess all good stuff..web cams. Heres the bill...NOT including a power commander I have to buy. Any help would be good.

06 LTR LT Ohlins/JB/Rath/Sparks/DWT/Pro Taper/

Got that thunder on my mind, the one that follows the gate hitting the dirt.

your deff not getting a "deal" on any of the parts, what is he charging for labor?

if you have some mechanical ability you could find all those parts cheaper and buy a manual and do it yourself and save alot and learn alot, im guessing it's over 2grand with the labor and PC, that seems pretty steep to me when he's not even touching the bottom end

But like i said if your just interested in the "parts list" then he isn't screwing you, but also isn't giving you the hook up, try going with a hotcams stage 2 cam as well, that could save some money
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

how much does the bottom part of that paper say? Thats the labor right?

$1700.00 + labor is an EXTREMELY steep price. (including power commander)

I dont even think MXP charges that much for an all out race motor man..

Idk though.
    IM HARD ON EQUIPMENT!

GOON: look pro, go slow!

Spider Graphix, Magic Motorsports, ATVRDIERS.COM, MOM&DAD

****Breast cancer awareness! I love you grandma!****

Theres no way that the parts are those prices.

I mean gaskets are $60? Just the piston is $216? You can buy gaskets for half that and a piston for $150 and hell you can buy an entire bigbore topend for $300.

I understand the guy has to make money, but his part prices alone are quite steep.

Where are you located in NJ? I have 2 different guys who would do the same exact work if you bought all the parts for 500 or less. They live in jackson nj near the six flags area and Ill vouch for them (specially the one guy) as they do excellent work.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Idk where you guys get your parts at but that looks pretty reasonable. Im not sure about je pistons but a 13.5 cp piston for my kawi is 226 and that is the cheapest. 360 for web cams seems very reasonable as pro circuit cams for my kawi are 600+ and kx cams are 400ish new. If you can get a hc piston for 200 its either average quality, or your getting a heck of a deal. And honestly if it was my motor i would run a cp piston has ive never once heard of a problem with them, but ive also heard great stuff for the most part about je.

I know for a fact that for walsh to build your motor its 2000 plus shipping there,so another 100-125ish.

I'm gonna say thats not bad prices for quality parts.

A $150 piston? Maybe a disposable wiseco piston.

Do the research yourself, just from memory those prices sound fair.
    2007 yfz450
    2011 rancher fpm

I would suggest contacting ken at kbmotorsportsonline.com definatly a great guy and very easy to talk to and he will give you some great hook ups.

That is if you wanna buy the parts your self.

Originally posted by CJM
    Theres no way that the parts are those prices.

I mean gaskets are $60? Just the piston is $216? You can buy gaskets for half that and a piston for $150 and hell you can buy an entire bigbore topend for $300.

I understand the guy has to make money, but his part prices alone are quite steep.

Where are you located in NJ? I have 2 different guys who would do the same exact work if you bought all the parts for 500 or less. They live in jackson nj near the six flags area and Ill vouch for them (specially the one guy) as they do excellent work.
    If you find a new big bore kit for a ltr450 for $300 let me know where. I want to see what kind of paper mache they used to make it.
    CURRENT RIDE:
    1986 trx250r, lsr swingarm, works shocks front and rear, and just a tad bit of motor work

2007 ltr450: gone but never will be forgotten

I know my 446 when the original owner built it was close to 2000 for everything yet i only paid a few hundred lol
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast