Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill to end craigslist....Ridiculous.

my main objection to craigslist is its not regulated, even this message board you have to register before you post...craigslist nope...and yeah if you flag an ad it does eventually get taken down...but that doesnt mean it should of

ive bought alot of stuff on craigslist and sold some stuff...but they were all super deals

i put something on for retail...it sits and sits....now there is another paid ad site here...i can advertise there slightly below retail, its gone in a week...serious buyers there

i think the free aspect of craigslist makes it like a dangerous cutthroat corner in the city...you might get a bargain...or stabbed
    2013 Polaris Scrambler 850 xp

2004 Kawasaki Kfx 700

Craigslist is okin some respects, but I honestly sold more stuff on ebay than CL. My main issue is people flag your ad for no reason and they just take it down without giving it a secong glance. I posted a job offer up and it got flagged like 3x, no idea why at all as we didnt break any rules or anything-only thing we comeup with was our comepetition saw it and was being a jerk.

But yea Ive had better luck on ebay, I posted a quad once on CL and said 150 firm-granted it was parts and needed a total redo. Only had 3 bites and wasted my time with 2 and let the last guy just have it for 75 bucks cause I didnt want to deal with it anymore...

Id much rather sell or buy on ebay, better protection, better selection of course and usually no run around.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

I have had great luck with craiglist. I have bought and sold many items including trucks and bikes. I Just picked up an 06 crf100 last weekend for $400 with a stripped out drain plug. Had a 115 big bore kit, fmf exhaust, bbr cdi, and bbr HD springs. $10 later and I can make an easy $800. I think I will keep this one awhile though. Basically if someone cannot list an add without making more than 5 mispelled words im out. I also will not go look at anything if they cant atleast wash the bike before they post pictures. If you can avoid stuff like that then you can usually find a straight shooter as a seller.

I have bought and sold a little on ebay also. I prefer ebay but craigslist is where you can really find the deals. You can really find people hard up for money ready to make a quick sale.

craigslist is 10X more convenient then ebay, besides the fact that i don't want to pay some idiots sitting behind chairs all day because somebody bought my item. i have made good money and gotten great deals. ebay fees are getting to expensive and it makes life so much easier when i don't have to ship things because the person buying it is local. for those of you who have burned on craigslist your doing something wrong thats for sure. i think the only reason fees should be implemented on craigslist is for all the car dealerships that spam their ads on there daily.
    i don't know whats better, gettin laid or getting paid i just know that when i'm getting one the others gettin away

Originally posted by extremeblastr
    craigslist is 10X more convenient then ebay, besides the fact that i don't want to pay some idiots sitting behind chairs all day because somebody bought my item. i have made good money and gotten great deals. ebay fees are getting to expensive and it makes life so much easier when i don't have to ship things because the person buying it is local. for those of you who have burned on craigslist your doing something wrong thats for sure. i think the only reason fees should be implemented on craigslist is for all the car dealerships that spam their ads on there daily.
    disagree 100%, not everyone should be buying and selling

there not paying taxes

there taking away from business who do things properly
    and spend the money to follow there rules and regulations

i always wonder how much of the stuff on craigslist is stolen or pending repo

basically ebay is forcing sellers to be honest and weed out the lazy backyard bums who dont want to share 10-15% of there sales with the company making there sale possible, think about it, if 10-15% is a big deal how many corners are you willing to cut to make a extra buck off the buyer...it really affects ebays reputation in the end when people have poor practices...even though i like money as much as the next guy it makes perfect sense

ebay also provides health insurance and other benefits when you reach certain levels
    2013 Polaris Scrambler 850 xp

2004 Kawasaki Kfx 700

Originally posted by SRH
    disagree 100%, not everyone should be buying and selling

there not paying taxes

there taking away from business who do things properly
    and spend the money to follow there rules and regulations

i always wonder how much of the stuff on craigslist is stolen or pending repo

basically ebay is forcing sellers to be honest and weed out the lazy backyard bums who dont want to share 10-15% of there sales with the company making there sale possible, think about it, if 10-15% is a big deal how many corners are you willing to cut to make a extra buck off the buyer...it really affects ebays reputation in the end when people have poor practices...even though i like money as much as the next guy it makes perfect sense

ebay also provides health insurance and other benefits when you reach certain levels

I can only agree with some of the stuff you say.. I have sold alot of things on ebay.. But they are getting redick on the prices they are charging for you to sell items for ( res prices, BIN prices, even getting you on shipping) then you have pay pal ,that hit you again.. So the item that you are /should be selling at a good price you have to jack it up so you do not get hosed.. So they are getting rich off us.. Not to mention there is some tools on there also.. Now I duno how they are if your a business, of fees ect. CL does have its downs esp with low lifes, but it is a free place to sell your items, so it has percs also..Business or not one.. How many NEW things do you see getting sold on there( besides vehicles) Not many, the ones that are are from DEALERS( imagine that) It is all used things that PEOPLE have.. Its not a business.. Being a business there are things that need to be followed..This is just another way for the gov't to get there greedy freaking hands involved eventually.. Who cares if it is not taxed, it is our items.. People do not pay tax on them at swap meets, yard sales ect.. It is completely absurd.. Things like CL and EBAY need to exist to keep big companies in check, from high balling the hell out of all the items they sell.. The country is in a bad way because it is the big business that choke out the normal people who are trying to make a extra buck.. So the gov't has to be in on it so they can sit with their dirty pockets, corrupt ***'s fat.

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

You guys think this is bad, you should try working for the government... In the Army, lets say you are diagnosed with PTSD or Depression, and since there isn't adequate ways to help counsel you, or they fail to recognize the issue, people start sending signs of needing help, like creating violent videos, or posting pictures of dead Iraqi's... = Dishonorable Discharge... It makes me sick... I'm sure if this is right, but i'm pretty sure i heard a guy say that since the Iraq/Afghan war started more men have died by suicide then the amount killed in the war itself.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

i love craigslist. sure you have to deal with idiots and young kids. but hell you can buy and sell locally way easier.
    2002 banshee - some go fast parts
    07 klx110 - alot of go fast parts

Has anyone tried to get on craigslist this morning???

SOPA is so much more than Craigslist. Its about the government picking what you can and cant see on the internet. Please do more research and contact your congress person with your thoughts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ive/Learn_more

another good argument
    http://consumerist.com/2012/01/boing...heres-why.html
    Aaron
    FourPlayFilms.org
    Twitter: FourPlayFilms

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast