Thread: Need some 400ex measurements + sell a LSR swinger

Need some 400ex measurements + sell a LSR swinger

I've been bitten by the not as described on ebay bug. Over 45 days ago I bought a complete like new rear end for a 250R all LSR from the swinger and axle to the hubs and everything in between. Turns out this is not a 250R swing arm. I'm guessing 400ex.

I would like to verify this with your help please and offer it for sale or it is going back onto ebay. Once I get time to pull my LSR hubs of my main bike, I may find that the like new LSR axle is also 400ex. So heads up if anyone is looking.

here is the measurements I have gotten so far:

total outside at pivot bolt area (bare)
    87 stock = approx. 8 1/2 inches
    LSR = approx. 8 15/16 inches

inside between legs (bare)
    87 stock = approx. 4 7/10 or 119.5mm
    LSR = approx. 4 2.75/10 or 108.5 mm

center of shock linkage to center of pivot bolt leg
    87 stock = approx. 12 5/8 inches
    LSR = approx. 13 1/2 inches

Area between the shock linkage pivot towers
    87 stock = approx. 34mm
    LSR = approx. 32mm

Anyone have a swinger laying around to compare these numbers to the ones listed as LSR?
    Arens framed, Ohlins/LSR suspended, CT265 national, long rod with spacer, CR ignition, VForce, Hinson, Coolhead, 38PJ, Renthal, Sidewinder, RK, Douglas, Maxxis, OMF, Denton, Nac's, Greydon, AVS, ect. ect. ect. oh yeah and Amsoil #1 50:1 with 110 FYI

and now a 87 woods monster project dubbed "project dust bag" CT330 building for my little brother.

Post some pics of the swinger..

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Arens framed, Ohlins/LSR suspended, CT265 national, long rod with spacer, CR ignition, VForce, Hinson, Coolhead, 38PJ, Renthal, Sidewinder, RK, Douglas, Maxxis, OMF, Denton, Nac's, Greydon, AVS, ect. ect. ect. oh yeah and Amsoil #1 50:1 with 110 FYI

and now a 87 woods monster project dubbed "project dust bag" CT330 building for my little brother.

Sometimes when buying stuff on ebay like swingers and such.

They generalize things like "400ex 450r 250r swingarm" for sale.

even if its a custom made swinger they might generalize it and send you a 450r when ordering for a ex, or a ex when you order a 250r.

They are all alike with little differences and can all be used together with some minor modification.

I cant say that thats all LSR stuff or not, but it looks really good, if it fits and the price was right, then let it ride.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ

Well if anyone has a stock 400ex swing arm to compare my measurements I'd appreciate the help. Once I know for sure that is what it was built for, it will go for sale (listed properly). I won't use it on my build since the linkage location isn't correct. The price will be very fair and I will move on.

I may be wrong but I think that lsr made it that way for a reason.

I "think" thats what makes them better then regular Exs and 250r swing arms, Its the placement of the linkage.

There would be no sense in using a swinger that just looked different? IMO.

look for a 400ex 250r conversion chart on this forum, I think its in steves "jetting placement" thread, just type that into the search engine and it will tell you how compatable they are.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ

Stock 400ex swing arm:
    Outside legs aprox. 8 7/8"
    Inside legs 109.5 mm
    Center of link mount to pivot bolt aprox. 13 1/2"
    Between link mount 32.25mm

I used a tape measure for the inch measurements and a set of digital vernier calipers for the MM measurements... Hope that helps.

Also, maybe call LSR and talk with them and see what they say it's for.. Just a thought.

Originally posted by Baileygunns
    Stock 400ex swing arm:
    Outside legs aprox. 8 7/8"
    Inside legs 109.5 mm
    Center of link mount to pivot bolt aprox. 13 1/2"
    Between link mount 32.25mm

I used a tape measure for the inch measurements and a set of digital vernier calipers for the MM measurements... Hope that helps.

Also, maybe call LSR and talk with them and see what they say it's for.. Just a thought.
    Thanks a million Baileygunns. Safe to say that this is what I have here. Anyone interested I will let it go for $320 shipped. I live in Kentucky so $300 local pick up. I will go on ebay within a week. Or trade for a 250R arm like it.

BTW it is 19.5 front center to center long which I assume is stock 400ex length or the +1.25 hot set up?