Thread: Cobra Shifter Options???

Cobra Shifter Options???

Have been considering a shifter for our Cobra. Obviously Cobra makes a 70 shifter motor, but I was looking for input from others that have switched to a bike based 65 motor.
    We would probably just leave it stock until he learns to shift and rides it well.

Some options....

Cobra's new 65 bike motor is a PV setup which is interesting, but probably not very cost effective.

I see a lot of guys running the KX65 motor in the Cobra. I was interested because most bike guys I've talked to consider the KX 65 to be low man on the pole for power. Maybe it works better in the quad? I dunno, that's why I asked.

KTM 65. Supposedly the best of the 65's?

I see the KX & KTM motors can had fairly inexpensively which is a plus LOL

Any info on motors, pipes, etc would be great.

Probably the main reason most people choose the kx is like you said price.In my term in the atv world the kx is also a very reliable engine ktm had some crank issues at one time and when you added the extra weight of the atv it didn't help,although I believe they have resolved most of those troubles.Also the KTM problem is the width of the back of the engine,makes the swing arm pivot a bit thin for my liking.
    Pipes well that is an opinion,or a rider preference a good torque pipe is the trackside(makes the same or close to the same hp)rev is a PC, DEP is a good all around pipe,FMF is ok all around so that will be up to you
    If you can't see it,you can't reach it !

Thank You all
    Great Job in 2012 Team HR
    WHEN YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE, ONLY GOOD CAN COME OF IT