Thread: Gt Thunder

Gt Thunder

I just got a 2006 450r I was wondering if anybody has the gt thunder mx link with a stock rear shock and how well it performs. I'm thinking of getting this link and let them revalve and respring my oem shock
    Thanks

the link will lower your rear end, but it will be too soft on a stock shock. Sure you can ride around like that, but I wouldn't be too aggressive unless you weigh 150 or under.

The set up works pretty good, night and day difference better than stock anyway.

ive used that link
    and the 2 xc links of theres as well
    and have found that they all need more or a higher spring rate
    add 50# to your request to them
    or try a different vendor
    ive seen some great stuff from JET that seems sprung correctly
    with happy customers

understand i am loyal to no one service company

dont forget C+D this forums sponsor!!!

Thanks for yalls help I was looking on gt thunders website and and I guess you would call it a kit you get the link and rear shock revalve and respring for 345

Get the high flow piston also and air box lifter kit.

I have the XC link on my 07 that is set up for the dunes. Jet did the long travel conversion on my front shocks and converted the rear. Works like a dream, money well spent. I use 20" tires in the rear on this machine. I have the MX link with a custom built Axis shock on the rear of my brothers 85 ATC250R. Not the application it is designed for but it works extremely well, Jet built this shock as well. I am putting the short link on my TPC, Jet is building the shock. I have the GT Thunder shifter springs coming...they make a very good product.

Originally posted by rummerd
    I have the XC link on my 07 that is set up for the dunes. Jet did the long travel conversion on my front shocks and converted the rear. Works like a dream, money well spent. I use 20" tires in the rear on this machine. I have the MX link with a custom built Axis shock on the rear of my brothers 85 ATC250R. Not the application it is designed for but it works extremely well, Jet built this shock as well. I am putting the short link on my TPC, Jet is building the shock. I have the GT Thunder shifter springs coming...they make a very good product.
    shifter springs will they help?
    not cheap for sure but cheaper than a trans!

30 bux plus 14 for the side cover gasket is pretty cheap and worth trying. It really makes sense and the stock shifter does have a really light spring. We will see