Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheels and tires and gearing

Wheels and tires and gearing

Ok guys we got 2 Pitsters we are building for this coming season . One is stock suspension , fast flex bars and a Firepower V2 head 125cc motor . This is our practice / cross country quad. The other is a full blown motocross build with Toms Atvfourplay suspension and bars. The motor is a Takegawa 4valve built by Firepower. My questions are what tire combinations are you guys running for motocross and cross country. Brands and sizes would be very helpful. Second what is best gearing for again cross country and motocross. Just trying to get as much input as I can. We are on a limited time frame with me working a bunch of hours and racing indoor short track.
    Also since maximum rpm is out of the beadlock wheels what are some other affordable options? Thanks again guys for all your help.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

No replies

No one has anything to share? Really , no one. I know there are riders out there running more than the stock setup. Nobody wants to share what tires and what gearing set up they have. All we are looking for is help in starting in the right direction. Maybe you have input on what didn't work the best. Come on fellas ! I'm sure there are me people out there besides me who would like a little help. I know 37 people have reviewed this post and no replies. Thanks Brian
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice

We race built TRX90's which are basically same as Pitster.

We run Maxxis M940 18X9X8 for both XC and MX. Super light, pretty durable along with Razr fronts 19-20" depending

Also the Kenda Kutter XC 18x8x8 are great for the rough, rocky, muddy XC races too

Gearing on our FPM motor is usually 14/48 for XC & MX but sometimes will run 15/48 depending on track.

We mainly race XC, only play around with the local MX stuff
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

Tires and wheels

That's the kind of info I'm looking for . Thank you ! The problem I'm having is finding a 7" wide bead lock wheel. Has anyone run a 18x8x8 on a 8x8 beadlock?
    Also anyone run the ITP Quadcross 18x8x8 tire?

Re: Tires and wheels

Originally posted by bigdaddy77
    That's the kind of info I'm looking for . Thank you ! The problem I'm having is finding a 7" wide bead lock wheel. Has anyone run a 18x8x8 on a 8x8 beadlock?
    Also anyone run the ITP Quadcross 18x8x8 tire?
    Your welcome, glad I can help!
    8" wide wheel prob not gonna work too well with a 8" wide tire. We run 8X6" and 8X7" non-beadlock wheels.
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

When we had the 4 stroker motor in our pister, we ran a 13/46, then changed later to 14/48. The 13 was too low of a gear ratio,reved out to fast and had to shift alot more, I would start with the 14/48 combo.
    We have since made our pister into a cr 90 mod.

We ran the quadcross and the 940's on the rear. Liked them both, but the 940' are alittle taller and wider. My son says the grip harder also.

Good luck, hope this helps you out!

Tim
    PROUD DAD OF ZACH ROMELL#7x
    07 yamaha yfz 450
    00 Honda 400ex
    05 drr pit quad

Thanks to Shawn Snyder for all his help all these past race years!

We ran14/43 for gearing . Also had the Maximal 940's.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Tires

Ordered a set of 940's last night. Bought a set of 8x8 ITP bead locks used at a good price. Went with the 940's because of being 9" wide. That takes care of the cross country quad now I need wheels and tires for the mx quad. Looking for 4-1 offset fronts and 8x7 rears . Would like bead locks all the way around but not totally necessary . More for looks than need. I want black wheels but can't find a 8x7 standard wheel In black. Thanks again for the help

Go to RockyMountian and look up GForce wheels. They sell a 8 inch wheel that our 940's mounted to perfectly. Come in black and aluminum colors. They're Honda bolt pattern and are a XC tire but we used them for MX. It's a very light wheel also. As you can see they mount and fit very well.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Rob, gotta say... I have seen allot of those extremes over the years, but never one that nice!
    PROUD DAD OF ZACH ROMELL#7x
    07 yamaha yfz 450
    00 Honda 400ex
    05 drr pit quad

Thanks to Shawn Snyder for all his help all these past race years!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast