Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best shocks!?

Question best shocks!?

im back again asking about some shocks
    i need some opinions about what shocks are the "best" for mx racing
    pep,fox,elka,gt thunder etc, i wanna hear your opinions
    thanks

Well from what I've read Motowoz seems to be taking the cake... I have no personal experience with them yet... I'm stuck deciding between Fox and Motowoz.

For me I think custom axis is the best they are always coming out with new stuff like the plush ride system and holeshot device.
    District 6 Mx

2007 National 300ex

Custom Axis Pro Airs
    National TC Motor
    Hipers
    Custom Maier
    Advantage Pro Pegs
    And More

Originally posted by XBLASTERRACERX
    For me I think custom axis is the best they are always coming out with new stuff like the plush ride system and holeshot device.
    I've riden the Axis and I must I'm not impressed... Fox fronts are better IMO.

These are always like ford vs chevy. Find a shock that is made of quality materials and if they are setup correctly you will be happy. Setup is the key to suspension performance. There are only a few inferior shock designs but even they can be made to work pretty well. Of course this is just my opinion
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
    Setup is the key to suspension performance.

Exactly.

The builder of the shock is far more important than the name on the outside of the shock.

Obviously starting with a quality shock is important too, but like Colby said, you can make almost any of them work very well.

PEP/AXIS/FOX... all good shocks.

For OEM rebuilds, C&D, GT Thunder, Santo Derisi, all good ones. (some of these have better customer service than others though... do some searching.)
    M-Dub

Quadless as of now
    05 KLX110 - some stuff
    01 ZR600 - bone stock
    1992 LT80 - pitquad I guess?

So far the people that have SCREWED me on here:
    powerband
    and yamablaster24 more yamablaster24

Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten

"The best you have ridden is the best you know" Paul Thede- RaceTech

Ignorance is NOT bliss -- it's embarrassing and counter-productive

Experience is a tough teacher she gives the test first the lesson afterwards

RIP 606

Don't forget about Clark Jones at Noleen J6. Very nice aftermarket shocks and one of the best at rebuilding stockers.

Yea right now i have stock honda 450 shocks..weve rebuilt them..but didnt do anything special to them. they are alright..but i need better! ha

go take a look at jet suspension here is there website http://www.jet-motorsports.com/index.html

nick there is one of the nicest guys i have taked to in a long time and he has had every shock in his shop so he knows what works and doesnt work but every shock has it ups and downs. iff you call him tell him chris from oregon told you to call

Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
    These are always like ford vs chevy. Find a shock that is made of quality materials and if they are setup correctly you will be happy. Setup is the key to suspension performance. There are only a few inferior shock designs but even they can be made to work pretty well. Of course this is just my opinion
    Your right on the money with this post. I agree 100 percent.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast