Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thyphoon motors/copies

thyphoon motors/copies

i was refered to a dealer last night trying to clear up my motor questions.ANYBODY WHO CLAIMS THEY HAVE AN XTREME TYPHOON has been misled if you have a crank mounted clutch!
    the real deal only comes with a trans mounted clutch ,no variations, crank mounted clutch not the real deal.I bought mine from a dealer in arizona and was told he has the real ones but he is full of #### .we also broke 4th gear and he said he canot warrenty that because he dosent know why it broke <55 -60lb kid 3rd day of riding!>ANY ONE with simular experiances with this should email or pm me this fellow is giving a great quad a bad name sub par engines and although he says they have warrenty when you need it he basically tells you to go to ####.i know i"ll only deal with cert dealers now .but this guy in arizona should be shut down !

Clutches?

There's been several posts and various things said about the clutches. And yet I'm still confused. I assume that we are talking about the 125 'cause I haven't seen 90 or 70 knockoffs. The 125 has dual clutches so there has to be a clutch on the crankshaft and one on the transmission mainshaft. If the knockoffs only have one, then there must only be a clutch on the crank? Like the 90 and 70 engines are. Can someone post pics or parts diagrams to clear this up once and forever?
    2009 KTM 505sx
    Gen 2 DASA system
    PEP revalves
    FCI intake
    Precision Steering damper
    Fourwerx carbon hood and heat sheild
    Action Motorsports battery relocator
    All the orange Bling....
    Much much more..

Thanks to:
    Action Motorsports KTM
    maxpower-engines.com
    Fwcarbon.com

'06-'07-'08 Great lakes Quad series 35+ champion and Pee Wee Dad

sorry i"m talking the 125 and yes i have only one clutch on the crank i will try and post some pics of it as it will be apart this weekend .can someone with a dual clutch engine post some pics as well? maybe xtreme will post them for us and we will all know for sure!

Xtreme's have crank mounted clutches. I don't know who told you that the knockoffs are the one's with crank mounted clutches but apparently they're not familiar with the Xtreme motors on the 125's. Does your bike have the Vin # with the Xtreme tag on the front of the frame?

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

mine says fym manuf date 2007 -4
    sorry to everyone if i"m beeing a pain in the but .i dont see any dif between the two, xtreme says they have a dual autoclutch can someone explain . if anyone has pics with the side cover off that would help i know i have one clutch one the crank thats it i hope i"m not the only one here that is curious about the differances

If you purchased your FYM Typhoon 125 from Tom At AZ ATV over the internet you do not have an xtreme typhoon. you have 1 crank mounted clutch and no hardened gears . the Xtreme version has a crank mounted clutch + a 4 plate clutch mounted on the main shaft & hardened gears.

you are correct the xtremes have the dual clutches. i put 10 of them together last year to run the monster truck shows. also have replaced the clutch disc in 4 or 5.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

thanks for the info ! can you explain the dual clutch so i know what to look for?'thankd

You said that your bike has FYM on the motor? Does the bike have any Xtreme decals anywhere on it? I'm willing to bet that this FYM is a copycat because I did some research today and found that FYM is a company in China that the founder actually designed the motor for Xtreme and SDG (whatever that is). FYM does not manufacture the Xtreme motor. They actually have a line of pitbikes that are called FYM and Miniquads (Looks like the Raptor 90 body) as well. On Xtreme's website they say nothing about FYM and the pics that I could see clearly have Xtreme on them. I think I'm going to give them a call Monday and see if I can find anything out about this. Maybe someone here knows .
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

the factory in china that makes the typhoon also makes the copies as everyone calls them so actually they are the same quad. xtreme chose what motor they wanted in their quads so that is what the factory puts in them. the others sold at pep boys and other places they put other motors that they have in them. the guy that owns the factory in china now owns xtreme but lane the founder of xtreme still runs the company.. he bought his father out then sold the company to the factory owner.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast