Thread: Walsh vs JB

Walsh vs JB

Ok, I am looking to get a long travel set up for my trx450r and have already decided to go with the package from KB Motorsports with Fox Floats.

They have knocked down the price on the Walsh w/ Fox down almost 500. The other option is the JB. On their website they had two different a arms, ones that are just long travel and the others the pro series which are 300 more than the other JBs.

KB motorsports is selling just the long travel package w/ fox and is only a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the Walsh.

Here's my question: Why is Walsh so good or more expensive than others and how does their Flow a arms compare to both of JBs a arms?

Thanks, Pierce
    2008 KFX450R - Fox Floats/Podium X, Walsh, Hetrick, Quadtech, DG, Pro Circuit, Yosh, Hinson, Maxxis, DWT, HRP, Renthal, SSI Decals, FCI, RPM, CV4, Works Connection, more... (Wienen's and Nowlan's old practice bike)

2004 TRX450r - AC Racing, Yoshimura, Hotcams, Durablue, Roll Designs, Fasst, Quadtech, E-Sticky, Maxxis, Hiper, K&N, EHS

2008 CRF450R - Race Bike - PR2 race engine and suspension, RG3 triple trees, FMF megabomb and 4.1 pipe, Works Connection everything, Fat Bars, Michelin Tires, aftermarket rims and hubs, cv4 hoses, STEVE'S CYCLE

you cant go wrong with either. The JB stuff is really nice quality, the Proseries have caster adjust uppers with heims and sphericals and heims instead off balljoints. the lower proseries arm has a bend in it like the flows. Ive owned both the regular and proseries at the same time just, proseries on race bike with fox and the reg on my practice bike with fox and they handled almost identical, shock specs are the same. Walsh is a name and they feel they can charge more for it. I would save some money and go with the JB.
    Chris McCauley #58 District 6

2005 450r-MXP head, JB chassis, Fox/Axis

2007 CRF250-MB1 Suspension, Realbad motor

Thanks to 2012 Sponsors:
    Montgomeryville Cycle Center, MotoXperts, Cycra, Real Bad Motorsports, A&S Racing, Braking, AXO, Dynamite ATV, Amped
    Apparel, TRP hoods

I agree with the above. JB - Pro series & Walsh Flows are both amazing. The designs and leverage ratios throughout wheel travel are great. Quality is top notch. Not sure the price of the Walsh is worth it. They make great stuff, but I feel the quality & "performance" is near equal between the two company's products.

Not sure your budget, but DEFINITELY consider the LTR front end for the TRX. It does cost more, but I think the handling characteristics are a step above and beyond what the regular LT front end has.
    2009 YFZ450R
    Baldwin, DID, DP, Houser, JB, Maxxis, PD, PCV, PEP, LSR, Rath, RPM, Sparks, SSI, SunStar, Works Connection

Special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports, PEP, SSI Decals, & my checkbook!!

I've never ran JB, but I've had Walsh on 2 different bikes and they're awesome.

I know this isn't really a deciding factor for most people, but I'm constantly change bikes and whatnot, but you might want to consider which is going to have a better resale value since the performance factor is so closely related.

When people see a bike for sale or a part out they tend to be more attracted to something Walsh related.

Just a little food for thought.

I was considering Walsh for two main reasons:

1: I have a set on my kfx which I really love and wouldn't change

2: I noticed that http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/ is having a sale on the walsh fox setup and is only a couple hundred more expensive than JBs non pro series, just the long travel.

Are there any other disadvantages between the three a arms other than price?

Also thank you I will also look into the JB ltr front end as well.

Pierce
    2008 KFX450R - Fox Floats/Podium X, Walsh, Hetrick, Quadtech, DG, Pro Circuit, Yosh, Hinson, Maxxis, DWT, HRP, Renthal, SSI Decals, FCI, RPM, CV4, Works Connection, more... (Wienen's and Nowlan's old practice bike)

2004 TRX450r - AC Racing, Yoshimura, Hotcams, Durablue, Roll Designs, Fasst, Quadtech, E-Sticky, Maxxis, Hiper, K&N, EHS

2008 CRF450R - Race Bike - PR2 race engine and suspension, RG3 triple trees, FMF megabomb and 4.1 pipe, Works Connection everything, Fat Bars, Michelin Tires, aftermarket rims and hubs, cv4 hoses, STEVE'S CYCLE

the pro-series and walsh are caster adjust and use heims on the upper arms at the frame, the normal JB just have bushings. Like ive stated, the caster setup on the normal JB was completely fine for me but everyone likes a little different setup so its nice to be able to adjust it. The Pro-series and Walsh both use the better bearing type design instead of normal balljoints at the spindle. They have more motion before bind and less resistance in the actual design. But the reg JB worked perfectly fine for me for 2 years until i got rid of my practice bike, i race A and Pro-Am. It all depends on your budget and what you want because you are not going to be faster on one setup over another with the 3 choices you list...except the LTR setup, that handles better then the TRX spindle setup
    Chris McCauley #58 District 6

2005 450r-MXP head, JB chassis, Fox/Axis

2007 CRF250-MB1 Suspension, Realbad motor

Thanks to 2012 Sponsors:
    Montgomeryville Cycle Center, MotoXperts, Cycra, Real Bad Motorsports, A&S Racing, Braking, AXO, Dynamite ATV, Amped
    Apparel, TRP hoods