Thread: Louisiana riders need help!

Hybrid View

Louisiana riders need help!

has anyone from louisiana rode at silver creek in Mount hermon, louisiana yet? I just found it on an app I have on my iphone and was wondering if it was worth the trip. I live about 1:15 hrs from it.

http://www.silvercreekcamp.com/
    CURRENT RIDE:
    1986 trx250r, lsr swingarm, works shocks front and rear, and just a tad bit of motor work

2007 ltr450: gone but never will be forgotten

bump anyone?
    CURRENT RIDE:
    1986 trx250r, lsr swingarm, works shocks front and rear, and just a tad bit of motor work

For any louisiana riders that care to know ill be going to silvercreek this weekend to see how it is. Ill post up when I get back
    CURRENT RIDE:

My update, had a great time! There is a track there with 4 jumps and a couple big berms but a lot of long straight's on it. It needs some work but the lady said they are working on it this upcoming winter. The mudpit is a nice size one and plenty good for mud riding. The trails in the woods are great! Tons and tons of trails that cross each other and 7-8 good hills to climb. It was dry there but I bet when wet it makes for a swell time of riding also. All trails were wide enough for my 49" wide ltr450 to go through so they are plenty wide for most stuff. I strongly believe that side by sides would not have a problem going through them. I took a few pics and here they are:

this is where we stayed. The cabin's were plenty good enough to stay in and I would gladly go back sometime

this was a shot from the cabin to where you go ride. Its in the far left corner:

This is pictures of the bigger trails and such. Most trails are this wide but some are narrow:

this field is where the track is and just acres of open riding:

this is just a really small part of the track. i didnt get it all but its big, around 6+ acres or more:

this is the backside of most of the track, it is just sand and creeks to ride in but you cant see it from the few pics:

thats all i took but if anyone is looking for a good day of riding then this is a great place to go. Also if you need to practice XC you can most definitely do it there. Plenty of different obstacles for you to over come!
    CURRENT RIDE:

Good update. In case you didn't know there is a race series in South East Texas. LonestarQuadRacing.com has all the info. I noticed you have an LTR and a Honda with some number plates on it. We have a lot of riders coming from Louisiana and racing with us so hopefully you can make it.
    Canned Ham DS450

Looks pretty nice, if it wasn't so far for me I might would check it out. I still have miles and miles of kisatchie left to explore though haha. Isn't there a place to ride sand in mississippi not too far from there?
    04 Red 400ex
    ITP GNCC 20" rears/razr 22" fronts, 450r front shocks, pro circuit T-4, ground header welds, uni w/filterskin, outerwears lid, 87mm 11:1 Wiseco, 42mm 450r carb, 175 main/52 pilot, stage 1 hot cam, P&P head, cometic MLS .027 headgasket/no base, crf450 timing chain, Shorai lithium battery, white bros. nerfs, msr raptor adjustable clutch perch/lever, pro design case saver, primary drive x-ring chain,15/38 sprockets, LSR carrier, Nac's parking brake blockoff, "sticker racks"
    07 White Raptor 700 - stock and now can't catch my 400
    2000 Kawasaki Ultra 150 jet ski - scary fast
    1999 Kawasaki STX 900 - family summer ride

Originally posted by WoodTRD
    Looks pretty nice, if it wasn't so far for me I might would check it out. I still have miles and miles of kisatchie left to explore though haha. Isn't there a place to ride sand in mississippi not too far from there?
    I think its Wiggins, ms or something like that? im not 100% sure. My brother and I always are looking for new places to ride in Louisiana. That place wasnt bad to go hit some trails for a few hours, come back to do some cooking and hanging out then go back and do it again. Where are you located? It seems as i have heard of where you are talking about riding but again not 100% sure. Is it an open place to ride for anyone? Any lodging or close hotels to it if so?
    CURRENT RIDE:

The sand spot you speak of, Sandhill ATV, is in Perkinston, MS, just outside of Wiggins, south of Hattiesburg. It's similar in size to LA Dunes in Forrest Hill. We'll be at Sandhill this weekend.
    06 TRX450ER

They have cabins at sand hill also
    05' 650 brute force sra...elka dual rate fronts..dyna cdi..diamond g airbox intake...upp crossover intakes...muzzy full exhaust...cool blingy rims on terracross tires...1 7/8" trailer hitch ball....
    08' teryx nra...the family truckster