Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best exhaust for a 400 Ex

What is the best exhaust for a 400 Ex

I dont race, I just ride trails and some open fields. I want it to sound good and give me the all around power gain. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Reply to ojirot@2access.net if you want. Thanks

I personaly havent tried it, but form looking at all of the dyno tests and riding results, I'd say that White Brothers makes the best exhaust for the 400EX. But it isnt cheap, White Brothers likes to put a little bigger price on their products. Also another good exhaust for the 400EX is BIG GUN.

Well anything is better than stock. Any pipe will help,,it's just knowin how to use the power. I run a complete FMF system and it's awesome. Here's what you need to look at when getting a pipe,,any pipe that comes from an engine builder,,LRD, TC racing, Sparks,,is gonna be a MX race pipe that is VERY LOUD. Then you can look at companies that just make pipes,,which normally vary with race pipes and trail pipes,,that should give more HP but not be loud. No matter what pipe you get you 'll get more power,,but do you want a loud pipe,,quiet pipe,,all around pipe,,,how much do you want to spend. Also rejetting and adding a K&N filter will help as much as the pipe...good luck

finding the right pipe

I dont mind the noise (kinda like it !!!) Im just curious what pipe will give me the best power in all the gears, Ive seen some used pipes in here for sale, someone has a complete DG system for sale headpipe and silencer, do anyone know if Dg is a good pipe or not ? thanks for the replys.

Leave that DG in the classifieds,,you don't want it. I run the FMF powercore IV/2 and the powerbomb header and it gave more power from the bottom of 1st to the top of 5th. My next purchase would be a bills thunder pipe,,,they run about $200. Those new hetrick pipes dont' look to bad either..don't get a DG or a cobra and no matter what you get you'll be happy.

where do I find either of those pipes ?

Where do you find one of those pipes, do you want to sell your piipe ? do you know anyone who might want to sell theres ?

There was a guy selling the same exact pipe I have in the classifieds,,FMF powecore. The bills pipe you can get from an add in a dirtwheels mag,,,that's were you'll find the best price. And the hetricks pipe,,,look in the links on this page and you'll see a link to there webpage..

What about the Curtis Sparks X-4 and X-6??? In a dyno test on www.atvnews.com (I think it was ATV News???), the Curtis Sparks X-4 added the most HP, but Curtis Sparks claims that the X-6 is even better. Although it may be expensive, its suppossed to add more HP. Anyone have any more info one these two pipes???

I`ve emailed Sparks may times about his pipes. He said the X-6 is better than the X-4. The X-6 is for highly built motors. He told me it works just as good with the stock motor. You can`t go wrong with Sparks. Rico is right. Any pipe is better than stock. I`m getting the TC because I want TC engine work. I don`t like mixing brands. If I would get a Sparks exhaust I would get Sparks engine work. It`s just what you want.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

get the sparks, im sure it will do better than any extremely large company like white brothers and fmf, since sparks designs their pipes around the engine work they perform
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast