Thread: JB and other shock info

JB and other shock info

I was just looking through some of these posts.
    It bothers me about the shock questions and Ill tell ya why.

Shocks are the key to any set up on any quad but for the JB mods and Im sure other mods it is the difference in getting 1st and 5th.

Please understand if you just throw a shock on it like a bunch of people do on the cvt quads it will not work,your rider will not like the quad.

I know one guy bought a JB that a rider that weighed 150lbs that I had built, he put his rider on it that weighed about 85lbs.
    He hated the quad told everyone JB mods are no good..Bottom line if the shocks were correct they probably would not have felt that way.

As you guys move up in classes and get into a mod remember these are scale quads they act and react very close to a full size
    quad,,,,,suspension is everything

There is not a bunch of change from this point in your racing until your rider goes pro,trust me learn all you can about set up it will make your rider go way further
    If you can't see it,you can't reach it !

Thank You all
    Great Job in 2012 Team HR
    WHEN YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE, ONLY GOOD CAN COME OF IT

Gotta agree with this one, See it all the time, people Ebay shocks that are the same length and think its good to go, what about Shaft Length and Body Length? If these are not right for your set up it ain't working.

Had a quad here with JB and Elka on it, the Shocks were ordered for the specific application yet the rear body was way too long which drastically reduced the travel, made the kid not feel comfortable on the quad therefore he wouldn't ride it hard.

Shocks are everything!!
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

Mr Hetrick hit it right on.......The riders that havent dialed in or have the wrong shocks will be hating life when they try to blitz the whoops in Pell city at round 1. I see more kids get ejected from their quads over those whoops....sometimes I feel bad for them.
    Bryan
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

shocks

I agree when people ask me what they sould do to thier quad to make it faster! I reply get them some shocks that fit the quad and the rider, and watch them run faster with the motor they have!
    2012 AMA ATVA NATIONAL 50 LIMITED CHAMP BARRETT CUSHMAN
    (Jonathan Cushman)
    Cushman Racing
    Hot Quads Team Rider
    Hetrick racing
    G-Force
    BEN CUSHMAN #100 2010 and 2011 Durhamtown 1st place 70 ATV pewee champ.
    BARRETT CUSHMAN #200 2010 2ND place 2011 1st. place 50 ATV pewee champ.