Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New motor build ?

Re: Motor

Originally posted by bigdaddy77
    Ended up picking up a Firepower motor. Just wanted to say thanks for all the input. Still might try the takegawa head on the next motor. What jetting are some of you guys running in the Midwest with the Mikuni VM 26 606 carb? Or what other carbs are some of you running?
    Aint no power like FIREPOWER!!

15 PILOT 150-160 MAIN FOR US
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

LOL I was gonna tell you to save yourself with Pitster. I've tried to deal with them 3 x's in the past and every time I got shafted on parts. Was told parts where on the way and never recieved them. Just not good experiences on all 3 of my ordering experiences. Like said before, Terry (Firepower) does everything himself. When we dealt with him with Jam's old motor I also had to wait on some things. But I did realize he was doing everything himself and had other customers ligned up.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Re: Motor

Originally posted by bigdaddy77
    Ended up picking up a Firepower motor. Just wanted to say thanks for all the input. Still might try the takegawa head on the next motor. What jetting are some of you guys running in the Midwest with the Mikuni VM 26 606 carb? Or what other carbs are some of you running?
    Any update on this motor combo? Thinking we may try a 125 because where we race they race with the CR85 mod quads and they are fast but heard the combo can keep pretty close.

Thanks Frank

Arrow Pitster 125 takegawa 4 valve

Ok here is what we are running. Mx quad has a Pitster 125 lower end with a takegawa 4 valve head , cylinder and piston. Lifan adjustable stator. And Mikuni vm 26 carb jetted 22.5 pilot 155 main needle in middle position or possible second from bottom. Takegawa decomp cam sd 10/15. It has not been on the dyno yet but it rocks. Firepower built it and we are very happy. Having a stalling issue on tight left hand corners. We think it's a float level issue. The carb leans down toward cylinder pretty bad so here is what we are doing to hopefully solve this.
    I have Joe at Titan Motorworks cutting the intake and rewelding it to level it. Going to change to a flat slide 24 mm carb and taper bore it. Then we are modifying the filter side to make a induction system to run a larger filter and increase air volocity into the motor. Hopefully we can get some before and after dyno numbers. Also we would like to incorporate a aluminum airbox for the xc and trailride guys.
    I have a v2 motor in our practice quad and it is very strong too. Running basically same carb and cam.
    Also for your guys info we are working on full netted nerfs with super strong footpegs . You need to do minor mods to the kick starter to get them to work. All this stuff should be available in the near future. If you guys have any ? Feel free to call or text me . 618-975-7303 thanks brian
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12