Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New motor build ?

New motor build ?

I'm starting to do a build on a Pitster. Looking to build a 125cc motor for motocross , cross country and trail riding. What lower end is every one running ? The RS or HO. The HO I'd the one that comes with klx style head stock and RS has the Honda style head.
    I'm leaning towards the Takegawa head and possibly the cylinder also. Just not sold on the V2 head with the epoxy in the ports.
    Any input would be great. If you guys can give me some insight on what your running , who your builder is . I would greatly appreciate it. I've dealt with Terry at firepower quite a bit with the 2'xtremes we have but this Pitster motor is a little different animal. Thank you. Also I want to run the decompression cam.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

The only difference between the Pitster and Xtreme engine is the stupid centrifugal clutch setup on the Xtreme. Other than that they're all basically the same concept.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Im sure Terry can build it for u
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

Another vote for Terry
    #7 Christian Horne
    www.christianhorne7.com/

2008 ITP Moose Racing ATVA MX Series
    70 CVT CHAMPION

2012 AMA/ATVA MX Series
    450 C Class - Sozuki 450

Riding in Memory of Justin Brown

Thanks to our 2013 Sponsors
    Specialty Gold Promotions + Maximum RPM + 488 Web Design

Motor

No doubt Terry can build it . It's just a matter of how long it will take. I don't know how long it takes u guys to get stuff from him. I don't want to bash the man but he has had a billet clutch of mine and a 54 mm piston on order for 2 months.
    Have any of you guys ever dealt with Matt at Pitster?
    Also what are you cross country guys doing for oil coolers? Thanks Brian
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice

sure Terry is a 1 man band so good things will take time, plan accordingly. We run a 400ex cooler with modded lines, cant beat it dollar for dollar.
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

bigdaddy77
    Sent you a pm
    #7 Christian Horne
    www.christianhorne7.com/

2008 ITP Moose Racing ATVA MX Series
    70 CVT CHAMPION

2012 AMA/ATVA MX Series
    450 C Class - Sozuki 450

Riding in Memory of Justin Brown

Thanks to our 2013 Sponsors
    Specialty Gold Promotions + Maximum RPM + 488 Web Design

I would have to agree.....Terry.
    He built my daughters and sure we had some hiccups. But overall, he did a good job at a fair price.
    Not sure if it can compete in mx with some of those two stroke 90's. But it's a heck of a lot faster than our Raptor 125.
    However, we started running it in the GNCC and it seems to be competitive.
    We'll just have to see the reliablity factor.

But just let Terry know you're in a hurry.

Motor build

I talked to Rob Riden. His son Randy runs the GNCC and other cross country series. He has been dealing with Matt at Pitster Pro. I think we are going to go with his combination of 125 HO motor and takegawa head. Not sure of hp numbers but it seems to be very durable. They do a little porting of the oil port in the head to help bath the head in oil. I'll keep you guys posted on how it runs . Thanks for all the input.

Motor

Ended up picking up a Firepower motor. Just wanted to say thanks for all the input. Still might try the takegawa head on the next motor. What jetting are some of you guys running in the Midwest with the Mikuni VM 26 606 carb? Or what other carbs are some of you running?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast