Thread: Bleeding front brakes

Bleeding front brakes

Have no front brakes on 86 honda 250 fourtrax. Tried bleeding them and I do get fluid to come out at the bleeders, but still cant get any pressure to build up in the handle. Is there a special way to get all of the air out of the lines? I reasd about gravity bleeding, but never really did that. Any specific information would be ghreatly appreciated. You guys rock. Thanks in advance.

If you want to spend a little money you can purchase a vacuum bleeder. Works great and you can use it on any vehicle from now on as well. When you are bleeding the brakes, does the stream come out of the caliper pretty good? There has to be an air pocket in there somewhere yet. I would bleed them at least 10 more times. If you still can't get any build up, then I would try the vacuum bleeder.
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

I'm having the same issue with the rear on my Lt250r. I converted over to a CR250 front caliper, let it bleed by gravity overnight.... I found that it won't bleed if the master is bad
    WWW.2strokecentral.com

86 Yamaha moto 4 stock 80cc

04 BMX 70, cut up, and reworked with mid sized front end +6, +4 axle and new carrier. 4 speed 110 Lifan, heel toe shifter, CR250 bars.. he likes the wide bars :-)

06 Baja "Extreme" 300 sold to brother, still pink LOL

09 450 Grizzly Wifee new ride!!!

86 Lt 250r now running completely stock 97 RM250. 38mm air striker, anti vibe stem, ac nerfs.

04 SEXY ***** FX4 F150, Airriad intake edge programmer Gibson single exhaust SUZUKI YELLOW!

Originally posted by 400exc
    If you want to spend a little money you can purchase a vacuum bleeder. Works great and you can use it on any vehicle from now on as well. When you are bleeding the brakes, does the stream come out of the caliper pretty good? There has to be an air pocket in there somewhere yet. I would bleed them at least 10 more times. If you still can't get any build up, then I would try the vacuum bleeder.

There is just a small amount of fluid coming from bleeders. Guess because I cant get any pressure built up in the handle. I tried the vice grip trick I read about on here. Clamped it on the brake hose about 2 inches away from the master. Got good pressure at the handle instantly. So I guess I have air somewhere in the line still. Never had this kind of problem before. Guess I'll try the gravity bleed over the weekend. Thanks for all the help with replies guys. Appreciate it much.