Page 95 of 136 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats bothering you right now?

Originally posted by CJM
    Had a super cheap deal to pick up an 05 450r but it got sold before I could get there.
    hate when that happens
    "Not all girls with tattoos are sluts, but every slut has a tattoo"

2005 400ex / HMF Performance Slip on/ Uni with no lid / trail tech clamps with tusk fat bars /Cyrca hand guards/ ODI ruffian lock ons / Kenda Kutter XC's /DWT Rock'n'Lock fronts with DWT G2 rears/ Tusk fat peg nerfs / Bling Star Iron Cross/Jet Stealth shock conversion 450r front shocks/ gregs atv rear shock with gtt xc link/ CCP steering stabilizer/GTT swing arm skid

Originally posted by ben300
    hate when that happens
    1800 bucks man. Was gonna offer 1500 and he probably woulda taken it. Said it didnt want to stay running, I was betting the carb was dirty.

Oh well, Ill find a better one.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Originally posted by CJM
    1800 bucks man. Was gonna offer 1500 and he probably woulda taken it. Said it didnt want to stay running, I was betting the carb was dirty.

Oh well, Ill find a better one.

even if it didnt want to stay running, if you could of got it for $1500..itd of been a damn good deal!

2005 400ex / HMF Performance Slip on/ Uni with no lid / trail tech clamps with tusk fat bars /Cyrca hand guards/ ODI ruffian lock ons / Kenda Kutter XC's /DWT Rock'n'Lock fronts with DWT G2 rears/ Tusk fat peg nerfs / Bling Star Iron Cross/Jet Stealth shock conversion 450r front shocks/ gregs atv rear shock with gtt xc link/ CCP steering stabilizer/GTT swing arm skid

Originally posted by ben300
    even if it didnt want to stay running, if you could of got it for $1500..itd of been a damn good deal!
    Thats what I figured.

Oh well.

Basically the same way i got the EX. had bent steering stem and a few other issues and watched it on CL for a month. Nabbed it for 1500 back when a used was selling for like 3000-3500 and the R was like still 5k+.
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP

ill tell ya whats bothering me..

ran my first race sunday...round 2 of the PAXC series.....was all pumped for it....had a good hole shot and then had nothign but mechanical failure from there on out..

exhaust bolt holding my hmf in place broke and the clamp didnt hold the muffler on the head pipe and i lost my hmf.....had to stop, get it, get the quad to the trailer and get a bolt...got back out, over a lap down, and had brake problems from there on out...

had to pull out of the race, and took dead last!!!

never taken dead last in anything in my life! im bound and determined now to finish better next time!

Originally posted by CJM
    Thats what I figured.

Oh well.

Basically the same way i got the EX. had bent steering stem and a few other issues and watched it on CL for a month. Nabbed it for 1500 back when a used was selling for like 3000-3500 and the R was like still 5k+.
    you'll find a good deal eventually...keep looking man

keep looking, they are around for good prices

i always keep my feelers out for a 450 and a 400 too. never know when there will be a nice one for cheap on there that i could pick up. i havent looked for alot of 450 stuff but look at the 400s weekly.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

^ That sucks, at least nothing major and $$$ broke tho.
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP

Originally posted by CJM
    ^ That sucks, at least nothing major and $$$ broke tho.

ya, nothing to major to fix..i needed new tires too, so that didnt help to my struggles, but i kinda just went in and winged it...ive followed quad racing my whole life, and i kinda knew what to expect, but at the same time i didnt..if that makes sense......im a good rider, but it was definitely a lesson in humility and a learning experience

we have three more races before summer break, and then almost 3 months before the last five races of the series...ill probably only be able to make one of the next three, but you can make damn sure that ill have the bike right adn will be putting in some major seat time between now and then

I been wanting to run an XC myself, but def need the suspension setup better before lol.

Hope you can do better on the next race you go to!
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP

Page 95 of 136 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast