Thread: KTM300 hybrid

KTM300 hybrid

Well I finally picked up a KTM 300 yesterday, Its an 89 and she was in rough shape, the guy already had the motor pulled but he was a retard and left it sit out side with out a spark plug so you can guess what the crank and bearings are like...

He lost a ring on the top end and put a healthy scrach in it but it can be bored out.... ALOT!

I'm going to put it in one of the cannondale chassis I have, I say it on top of it before and it didnt look like to tight of a fit..

This is going to be a slow build, I will get alot of the fab work done towards winter cause thats when I'm supposed to be in Alum. at school then.

Enjoy

side by side to a 90 CR FTZ cyl... closest thing i had to a trx stock cyl that wasnt boxed up.
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

my next hybrid trike will be based off a ktm300exc. Using everything off the dirtbike as possible. My trike using stuff from crf450r, trx450r ans some from 250r is on it way going.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

I guess your making a trike? I was thinking of making a trike out of the frame and stuff i have for this one but I dont know how to do the tripple clamps and all that, I've also heard they dont like to slide cause the frame is narrower than a ATC..
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

RIP John Gallagher Sr

it would be a custom framed trike, as are 2 of them I have now. many are building trikes out of crf450r dirtbikes and some are using yf450f dirtbikes.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer

did TPC do them?

I'll have some more pics up weds. thats the only time i'll have to snap them and post them up.

RIP John Gallagher Sr

TPC did some some of them that others did. A bunch of the dirtbike frame to trike conversions were done by JasonHall, both on this board. As I understand the dirtbike-trike conversions and TPC conversion use partially either the atv or dirtbike frame and custom make stuff is put on to the frames. My frames are 100% new and are based off existing things w/ different parts incorporated, they are made by Hre Atv. My atc450r is made to use, crf450r radiators, tank, shrouds, motor. Trx450r seat w/ flip-top conversion, rear suspension, rear fender, air box, air boot and, brake cylinder, groments. For the rear end, I can use trx250r or trx450r brakes and axle parts. Only "old" parts will be atc250r front hub, wheel and axle. It will be using a shortened cr250 front end w/ custom tripples.

lets see some pics of the c-dale and how you are prepping the frame.
    Thanks to my 2014 sponsors, Spy Racing, Fasst Company, Rath Racing, ODI grips, AXO racing, Yoshimura, Renthal, Twin Air, Leatt, and Powermadd.

I'll post up the pics weds. Some time. I'm not sure how this no link set up is gonna turn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

Originally posted by woodsracer144
    I'll post up the pics weds. Some time. I'm not sure how this no link set up is gonna turn out...
    if you get the shock valved for you, you'll like it. I had a cdale a while ago and liked it alot
    07 TC/JB yfz450

Thanks to www.ohiointernationalraceway.com

I had a prp chassis R and there were things i liked and didnt like about it...

RIP John Gallagher Sr