Thread: honda rancher blowing some white smoke

honda rancher blowing some white smoke

Hey everyone,

I have a 2006 350 rancher. Earlier this year i got into some water that was a little too deep. needless to say i got water in my oil. Unfortunatly i was about 2 miles from the truck and was working so i had to drive it back...

I changed the oil atleased 10 times and flushed it with diesel to try to get all the water out. Eventually i could no longer see water in it.

The problem is now it blows white smoke when i rev it up. Could this be because i have not rode it enough and it just needs to be "blown out" or have i caused some major engine problems and if so what.

its not huge clouds of smoke screen coming out but when u rev it little puffs of clearish white possibly steam can be seen.

Thanks

it could have water in the exhaust silencer still that is evaporating but it is hard to tell for sure. did you drain it all out?

The rings could be starting to go but usually white smoke is water or moisture instead of oil which is blue.

they arent liquid cooled so theres no antifreeze to burn and create white smoke that way.

i would vote for water in the exhaust chambers somewhere just based on the little bit of info given so far.

take it for a good ride and make sure you get it warmed up well. not a 10 minute ride, more like an hour or more to get everything evaporated off.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

white smoke sounds like water from somewhere, where bouts in arkansas u from just curious, im from glenwwood 30 miles west of hot springs, if u cant get it figured out i could take a look at it for u if u are close by
    pretty much stock on floats with the rear to match

Hey thanks for the help.

Im in jonesboro by the way.

So i am gonna try to take it for a good ride tomorrow and see if it clears up.

If it still smokes a little is there anything like lucas type products i could add to maybe free up sticky or slightly burnt rings?

well white smoke is usually from water, blue from oil and black is usually gas, id run it for a good bit and see wut it does, im not to familiar with the rancher, does it have a cvt tranny? if so u could try engine restore in it, but typical wet clutches will slip with engine restore or similar products,
    pretty much stock on floats with the rear to match