Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Kits or just Jets?????????

Jet Kits or just Jets?????????

Hey everybody I just order a T-4 Pipe for my 300ex. Now for jetting is it worth getting a jet kit or just buying jets 1 by 1.

Basically here is my problem.
    I have a bone stock 300ex. By the end of the week I will have a T-4 Pipe, uni filter with holes in the lid.
    THis is my first quad and do not know where to start on the jetting. I see alot of 300ex riders start at 150.

THe kits run about 50 bucks but the jet's only run like 4 bucks if I can get away with just buying a couple of jets , thats a good thing.

Any help would be greatful to me.
    THanks in Advance

McDowell WV, 5 min, away from Va,and about 1 hour away from bluefield
    I advise you just buy like around 3 jets, at 4 bucks a piece, you will come out with a $12 bill instead of the $50. Plus, you dont really need the jet kit. Since you already have a filter, just use dishwashing liquid, and an old tooth brush on cleaning your filter. And, just keep buying jets till you have the jetting down(it will be much cheaper like this, you could buy 12 jets and still have money left over than buying a kit)...
    FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pm me, e-mail me at flaneledholes@yahoo.com or call (304) 875 3410 I will drive half way to meet you $3500
    01 4 hun' ex hmf slip-on, no air-box lid, 170mj, ceet gripper seat, ceet graphics, nacs number plate, razr rears, adjusted throttle, renthal bars, scott grips, pb block off, Mezmoto Daul-row carrier and lock-nut, KandN filter, outerwears wrap on the KandN, ground out the welds in the header, dg frame guards,

buying seperate jets is by far the cheapest way to go.

~Roost-U
    1985 ATC 250r
    Ported & Polished,
    LRD/Pro Design Cool Head with 20cc dome
    RAD Valve
    FMF Fatty/Power Core
    K&N w/ Outerwear (for the dunes) Uni for everything else
    +2.5 swingarm
    +4 axle
    Desert Tank
    Shreders
    PB Block Off
    Full PRM Skid plates
    Turbo GSXR 750 Motor going into something....something FAST!
    When they ask why I unloaded both clips on the guy, my reply "I was scared"

Originally posted by roostu
    buying seperate jets is by far the cheapest way to go.

~Roost-U
    That's the way to go. Jet kits are a waste of money.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

I agree, buy them seperately.

Originally posted by flaneledholes
    I advise you just buy like around 3 jets, at 4 bucks a piece, you will come out with a $12 bill instead of the $50. Plus, you dont really need the jet kit. Since you already have a filter, just use dishwashing liquid, and an old tooth brush on cleaning your filter. And, just keep buying jets till you have the jetting down(it will be much cheaper like this, you could buy 12 jets and still have money left over than buying a kit)...
    I totally agree. Your never going to need all the jets they give you and you dont need the needles.
    2002 Yellow Honda 416EX!

2002 Yellow 416EX mods:
    JE 10.8:1 416 kit, Hotcams stage 2, White Brothers E- Series slip on, 155 main jet and 42 pilot, no choke, Curtis Sparks air filter, No airbox lid, Ground welds on headpipe, Renthal bars w/ full diamond grips, White Brothers front bumper, PRM skid plate, and Black Shockwears.

Comming Attractions:
    Elka Triplerates, 39 FCR carb, Head port and polish.

Alright then Guys thanks for helping me out and aving me some money at the same time. BUt one more thing do you guys have any starting points for me as far as what jets to get, rember it's just a starting point and I';ll go fromj there.

bump bump

Any SUggestions

2000 - 440EX - 13:1 JE Piston, port and polish, White Bros Cam, Kibblewhite valves, balanced and lightened flywheel, Clarke 5.5 Gal tank, White Bros Seat Cover and Graphics Kit. 14 tooth sprocket, 22in XCT Holeshot rears, 23" Holeshot XCT's fronts. ACR Front Bumper, AC Propeg Nerf Bars, PRM Swingarm Skid, Renthal bars, Denton Steering Stabilizer, EZ-pull clutch lever and perch, WB Blockoff plate, E-series slip on. Works Triple Rates.

GONE, I miss it so....

thanks for the info I'm having trouble comming up but it's commming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast