Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cody Wills recovery

Cody Wills recovery

hey everyone, most of you know my story. those of you that dont, 5 months ago i wrecked and ended up with a burst fracture to my c6 vertebre in my neck which left me paralyzed from about 2in above my nipples down and loss of function in my hands.

heres a timeline
    june 10th- for the first time in 4 months i moved the toes on my right foot. not much but i made them move and they fatigued really quick.
    june 12th- i moved the last 3 toes on my left foot, mainly the smallest one though and not as much as my other foot.
    june 23rd- i had an operation to restore my voice. my left vocal cord was paralyzed making it very hard to talk and my voice was raspy and quiet so they injected it to make it swell up and touch my right one when i talk.
    july 5th- morning i was sitting on the couch and my dog crash jumped on my lap and i felt his hair touching me so after trying different things realized i gained a patch of sensation on the left side of my stomach
    july 5th- this was also my and kaylas 3 year anniversary and we got engaged : )
    july 10th- while in therapy laying on my side with my leg on a board with wheels ontop of a smooth table so there is minimal friction my therapist said there was possible hamstring movement in my right leg.
    july 24th- just sitting in my chair staring at my legs trying to move everything possible like usual but this time i noticed my left hamstring moving a little bit
    july 31st- while pushing my chair i could suddenly feel my shirt touching the right side of my stomach just like i could on the left

now- whatever i can move, i work out. throughout the day i am constantly trying to move my toes. for my hamstrings i slide to the front of my wheelchair and have kayla pull my feet out so they are on the ground and when i try my hardest i can pull my wheelchair forward 3-4 inches. she has to put her feet on mine while doing this because the movement isnt very controlled yet and my right foot tries to lift up. With the money i got from members of this site donateing i bought a motarized pedal machine. everyday i strap my feet into it and it makes them do the motion of pedaling a bicycle. although it is doing the work for me, my legs get tighter when i try to pedal and the repetative motion is supposed to be very good for recovery. and ive been spending alot of time in the pool swimming laps and love being able to move around so much without being in my chair haha. my hands are also getting alot stronger although i cant straighten all of my fingers yet i now have up to 7lbs of grip in my right hand and up to 35 in my left hand.
    right now i go for physical therapy 3 days a week and occupational therapy 2 days a week but i have my application in to go to kennedy krieger international center for spinal cord injury in baltimore maryland so hopefully my insurance will cover for me to go there so i can receive alot better therapy with more sci related activities

i want to thank everyone for all of their prayers and support that have gotten me this far
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cody Wills 77

Fully Built 08 LTR - sold
    current ride..
    Tilite wheelchair haha
    04 Pontiac GTO 400+ hp

Very happy to hear your doing better! In time hopefully everything heals!
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

good for you man! keep the success stories comming.
    01 Raptor 686R
    lonestar +3a-arms- +2 swinger/ axcaliber+3/ elka's
    hmf full system-K&N filters
    GYTR full skids-shift lever- brake lever
    yukon tranny-one way starter bearing
    686 wiseco
    cam, oil, speed limiter mods
    3 spark plug head, high vilocity ported, stage 3 cam, maier plastics, gusseted PC'd frame,
    05 Ram reg cab short box
    and a shed full of other toys

Damn man sad story, but great to hear your making a recovery, even if it is a long one.. Keep the head high man, you will be aight.. Thoughts out to you..

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

Glad to hear things are looking up and the future sounds promising Cody.
    Operator of South Fork Competition Park near Richmond, VA.
    www.southforkmx.com or "Like" South Fork Competition Park on Facebook.
    2013 CRF450R
    2006 TRX450R

good to hear you are doing better! keep up the hard work!! congrats on the engagement
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

Good hustle on the recov. Don't give up!
    465 CUB

keep working hard and never give up. your a true insperation Wills.

stay strong man..... never give up
    NEATV #186

Congrats to you guys!! So excited for you that you are making progress!! I know you will continue to make progress and gains man keep up the hard work!!! Hope you will be able to go to that center for some different therapy that will help you even more buddy! Take care and again, congratulations!!!
    Life is gooood

05' 450R - lots o' stuffs
    GO COLTS!! & GIANTS!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast