Thread: Where'd It Go?

Question Where'd It Go?

I started my quad last night, and this morning went out and looked in the sightglass, the oils not there, I checked my buddies 450 too. It was also started last night. It to dosn't have oil in the sight glass, they're both just at the very bottom. They both should have plenty of oil because i filled them both to the middle. How long should it take for the sight glass to refill. Is it just stuck somewhere else and needs to actually be ridden for it to return?
    2005 450r, Razrs in the rear, Razr 2s in the front, GT XC Link, CCP Stabilizer, AC Nerfs, Fat Pegs, Dellron Full Body Skid, Moose Handguards, Grab Bar.

Coming soon:
    Redone Shocks, Flexx Bars (maybe Renthals or Pro Tapers), Front Bumper (I may just leave it stock), Sprocket Guard, Swing Arm Skid.

Past quads:
    1987 Honda 250x
    2003 Yamaha 660 raptor
    2004 Honda 400ex

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e3sf4n.jpg

start engine let it idle for 3 min. stop engine let sit for 3 min. then check

Did you recently change the oil and the filter?

If so, you need to fill up the sight glass to full, idle it for awhile (I would advise less than 60 seconds), check the oil level again and fill the sight glass back up to the high mark.

A significant amount of oil gets sucked into the oil filter and causes the oil level in your sight glass to drop. You need to add more oil to compensate for this.
    1999 Trx440ex: SOLD
    2005 Trx450R: HRC, FMF, G-Force, Cobra, Burgard

Food for thought:

*Jet kits are not upgrades
    * DG accessories are nothing to brag about
    *Top speed is worthless