Thread: raptor 660?

Question raptor 660?

I was just wondering if there any common problems on these things that i should be aware of. i've also heard these things have weak swing arms...is that true? any problems with the motor? i'm coming from honda so any info would help!
    thanks guys
    TIM

2003 raptor 660

Its kinda hard to explain to the average person why we risk breaking all our bones but, you know what......................................thats what makes our sport so bad a*s

stay away from the 2001 models they have bad tranny's but an 02 and up is a good bike and the swingers are strong...
    01 Raptor 686R
    lonestar +3a-arms- +2 swinger/ axcaliber+3/ elka's
    hmf full system-K&N filters
    GYTR full skids-shift lever- brake lever
    yukon tranny-one way starter bearing
    686 wiseco
    cam, oil, speed limiter mods
    3 spark plug head, high vilocity ported, stage 3 cam, maier plastics, gusseted PC'd frame,
    05 Ram reg cab short box
    and a shed full of other toys

WEEK STARTER CLUTCH ON THEM NOT SHURE IF ALL YEARS WERE LIKE THAT BUT THEY DO SELL UPGRADED STRONG AFTER MARKET ONES

basically the starter clutches and suspect 2nd gear in the 01 models.If you arent doing serious mx,these are probably the best kept secret for performance,they can be had cheap.a piston and cam along with the typical pipe and these things rock.dont listen to the hype,rapturds,crapturds i heard all the stories.55hp with just a stage 1 cam,11.5 to 1 piston and pipe.You wont get that without those and porting on a 450.Not to mention gobs of torque!
    426ex,lt250r banshee and kfx700 v force,yz250 mx bike

The 660s are also a bit taller than the newer 700's - since the newer Raptors got a chassis makeover somewhere along the line. Do be careful of any 01 that hasn't already had the transmission upgraded....otherwise, I agree with the above poster - the 660's are a lot of fun and they are a good deal nowadays!
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com