Thread: chain

chain

My chain broke today and i was wondering what you guys would recommend as a good chain that will last me awhile? and do i have to replace my sprockets to?

I run the D.I.D Atv X-ring chain, it hasn't stretched much since I broke it in and it's built for the torque big quads make. Sprockets just depend on how the teeth look, if they aren't thin are worn you should be fine. If you do get new sprockets I would stick with steel and stay away from aluminum (just my opinion). I tried running an aluminum rear to save some weight but I wore it out pretty quick!
    Brandon
    Quad X series

2005 Trx450r - CP 12:1, Thunder Alley Custom Exhaust (built by Bob Murray), uni, Fireball Lt Arms, LT Axis fronts, Axis rear, GT Thunder link, Burgard Stabilizer, Renthal, G-Force, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Maier Hood, Amsoil 10w40

I also use the DID X ring. I would say just inspect the sprockets well. If they have been on there for a long time or you can se some wear, I would go ahead and replace those too.
    Thanks: DiscountMX.net, Quinn Motorsports, JDLG Unlimited Inc.

08 MX TRX450R

I agree we use the DID X ring chain as well good chain for the money
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

did x ring! no problems, great chain
    2005 trx450-houser arms/PEP, 06 swinger, dc-6 linkage, lsr axle, protaper, houser stem, goldspeed wheels and tires, pro armor skids/nerfs/bumper,k&n, 43.5mm FCR, Kohashigawa Exhaust, +1 Ti Intake Valves, +2 Ti Exhaust Valves, CV4 Valve Springs, webcam, CT Racing Head, CB Seats, je 13.8:1, crf ignition, fluidyne radiator, hinson, asv, DID, Supersprox, ccp damper, Twist Throttle.

i also use the did atv x ring chain on my 450r and 250r.... best chain i have ever used!
    '08 TRX450R
    '86 TRX250R