Thread: Airbox Lid???

Airbox Lid???

How many of you guys run your quads with no air box lid? And if you do, what kind of protection do you use? Do you use a prefilter (how much does one of those cost) or what. I just put a pipe on my 400EX and re-jetted it to a stage 2 jetting. Stage 2 means no airbox lid and a #170 main jet. It is a huge jet and without the airbox lid my bike is SCARY FAST, I mean real fast but once I put the lid back on it sputters and boggs badley. Do you think it is safe to run without the lid?

I have never ran an airbox lid.I use a k&n with a filter skin over it.I have no problems with this setup.

3punksdad's simple+effective setup --

http://www.exriders.com/reviews/aircover.shtml

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

#77 is offline My DS will live again...
    I just have a K&N with outerwear on mine, works great.
    2001 DS 650- Diamond G racing steering stem, Longhorn bars, Armadillo a-arms, HMF exhaust, jet kit, Trail Tech computer, and some other stuff.

Coming soon- YFZ 450 Pro-Pegs, CRF 450 rear master cylinder, braided lines, IMS 5.0 gallon tank, black plastic and seat cover, powdercoated frame and swingarm, HPR engine kit, Scott's Stainless oil filter, radiator shrouds, and much more.

I just have holes in the back of my airbox lid. i ran it w/o for about three days and i put it back on
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

ive ran mine with no lid for the last month or so and it works great, i have a k&n precharger thingy and i havnt had a problem with it yet
    joe

Damn I'm good
    2013 KTM 300XC

I am working on 2 more airbox lid modifications...........stay tuned
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

I just cut out most of the lid and wrapped 2 layers of panty hose around the remaining "frame" of the lid and re-installed it. Gives great flow but probably does not keep water out for squat. My area is mostly desert or dunes, so I rarely have to worry about water.