Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ever gonna be a new 450r put out??

ever gonna be a new 450r put out??

It has been year's now and still honda hasn't put out a new 450r... go figure the 400ex keeps being put out, but if anyone has a clue when the 450r will be put out it would be nice for someone to fill me in on it.
    06 honda 450r

Here ya go, 85 pages of NOBODY KNOWS

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=412907
    450R JB PEP Baldwin

Well after the 250r it took 10 years for a new sport quad (400ex) and another five years for the 450r so like said above who knows!!!!!!
    2004 Honda 400 EX (Blown Up - Sold) - DG Nerfs, DG Bumper, DG Full Skid Plate, DG Swingarm Skid,
    OMF Scoops, Pro Taper Handlebars, Pro Circuit Full Exhaust, K&N Filter, Outerwears, Razr's Rear, Razr 2's Front, Steamline Rear Rotor

2006 Honda 250EX - Stock

2008 Honda 450ER - Full HRC Kit, Black HMF Competition Series Slip-On, DG Full Skid Plate, DG Fat Series Rear Skid Plate, Black Pro Taper ATV High Bend SE Handlebars, ODI Rogue Lock-On Grips, ODI Bar Ends, Rox SpeedFX Dash Board, K&N Filter, Blue Outerwear, Pro-Tec MoFlow Airbox Lid, Maxxis Razr Rear Tires, Maxxis Razr2 Front Tires, Candy Blue Blingstar Iron Cross Front Bumper, Pro Armor Kill Switch, Candy Blue Houser XC Nerf Bars,

what I don't get is who the hell is buying the 400ex ? its been around mostly unchanged from when christ walked the planet, well except for reverse and some very ugly plastics, its like a cock roach it just can't be killed, I was at the dealer today and they had no 450r's left, no LTR's and 2 Kawi 450's, if I was going to buy new now it would for sure be the Yamaha, hey Honda, your pissing on our backs and telling us its raining but we know better than that, its not good business to screw with your customers, Steve

good old 400ex's best quad iv ever owend ...

iv got 450er 08 model and love it i would never ride another qaud never liked any other qaud, but id like to c wat honda brings out when an if they change the 450r, i rekocne there working on sumthing with it ay its gona cum out and be like yea boi

but for now ill keep my 450er forever just like me 400ex , i couldn never part with my 2 honda's
    2000 HONDA 440ex
    11:1 89mm Wisco Piston, L.A Slevve, Hotcam Stage 2, Stainless Valves, Port And Polish, Hot Rod, 450r Carb, Uni Filter, HD Barnnet clutch springs.

MSN: grant_31291@hotmail.com
    98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

just my opinion (you all will get mad) will be a happy day when honda drops the very outdated 400ex from there lineup and creates nastier 450
    "What I Lack In Horsepower I Make Up In Ingenuity"
    youtube.com/scotturban54

I could be wrong but i dont see honda ever dropping the 400EX. yeah it would be nice to see a more updated 450 but they would be stupid to drop the 400 from their lineup to do it. As much as most of us love MX ready quads we are only a small percentage of the ppl that buy quads. 400EX is prolly their best seller for many reasons. Reverse, reliability, sporty feel and look with a low maintenance record and not a bear to fight in tight tight trails. Like i said i love more and more power but not everyone knows how to get it to the ground therefor they have no reason for it. I feel like the 400EX sales picked back up in 04/05 when a good chunk of every 450 sold needed a crank within a year. It scared the ppl that wasnt tryin to be competitive. If they drop anything it should be a 300EX. Exact same options as the 400 with less power and worse handling. Ive known of probably 15 400EX sold within the last year, i cant recall the last new 300 that showed up around here
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Originally posted by Black Sheep
    According to my source it is not Honda's decision. It has to do with the 400ex not meeting new stricter emission guidelines for 2013.

Unless maybey they have a new engine to update it with.
    Man.....I'm sure glad the government controls every aspect of our lives. Everyone, please get out there and vote! It makes a difference.

so true
    Honda Family. (Just bought two more)

ATC 70cc Cobra Exhaust, K& N Filter, Aftermarket Rims, Carlisle Tires

200m 3wheeler....UNI Air Filter(needs some TLC maybe oneday)

250ex...Bone Stock (to slow to put money into modding it)

400ex...UNI Air filter...Pro Circuit Full Exhaust system...Dyno Jet kit...Renthal handles. (Awesome Cruiser)

2005 426ex....Holeshot GNCC Tires, K&N Air Filter,Hot cam Stage 2, Duncan Fatboy 4 Exhaust (rejetted)....wiseco 11:1 piston...05 450r carb...SRP Steering stabilizer...Houser +1 anti vibe steering stabilizer...Flexx handle bars...UM aluminum air box...450r suspension...(Some other goodies as well)

2005 450r.....HRC KIT....UNI AIR FILTER....GNCC Tires...Rossier Exhaust System...SRP Steering Stabilizer... Houser + 0 anti vibe steering stem... derisi racing link...Renthal Handlebars. (Some other goodies as well)

2005 450r...holeshot gncc tires...renthal hanldebars...HMF full exhaust...Stage 2 hotcam...UNI Air filter...SRP steering stabilizer...CRF 450 dirt bike ignition. (Some other goodies.)

Originally posted by Black Sheep
    According to my source it is not Honda's decision. It has to do with the 400ex not meeting new stricter emission guidelines for 2013.

Unless maybey they have a new engine to update it with.
    from what ive gathered Honda wants to raise the standard on certain atvs to bank emission credits, probably to use for street bikes...from what ive heard it was Honda's decision to raise the emissions standards on off road to keep their emissions levels for road bikes, short of putting catalytic converters on the bikes, so basically off road took the hit to save there other lines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast