Thread: 07 Sportsman 500 EFI Bog Problem

07 Sportsman 500 EFI Bog Problem

I have an 07 500 EFI that bogs badly once it is warmed up. If I give it more than 1/8th throttle it will start to bog badly and will only die if I continue to try to drive it with about 1/2 throttle. I checked the coed and am getting 42, 45, and 55, all which to seem like there is a short. It still has the stock battery. Can this be causing it? Can a bad fuel pump be causing this problem? All the electrical parts seem to be working fine. Can this be caused by a bad ECU? These codes are leading me to believe it is something electrical and I'm hoping something as easy as a bad battery can be the problem. I'd appreciate any help I can get, Thanks.

there was a recall for the ecu on sportsmans, give your dealer the vin and see if they will work with you

otherwise sounds like it could be a stuck reverse override switch

another possibility would be the ETC (electronic throttle control) in the plastic box just to the left of the throttle, there are 2 contacts in there. if the throttle cable gets too much slack they will make contact and kill the machine. tighten the cable as needed

im willing to bet its the ecu
    www.gen3usa.com