Thread: need some advice

need some advice

ok i check Craigslist about every 2 hours checking for sweet deals and i think i found one.

2005 predator 500 for 1200. im thinking must need rebuild or somthing right. The guy says it ran fine before he stored it and now he cant get it started. Has spark, compression, and battery needs charged. It was stored with a tank of gas in it so its got to be just a gummed up carb. he says he gets it to turn on and it sputters backfires and dies. would you guys think it would be the same as im thinking or somthing else? so i am going to check it out tomorrow. just hope it doesnt sell by then.
    2001 400ex, Red Laker Plastics, GT Thunder 450r Revalved, K&N with outerwears and open lid airbox, FMF powerbomb header, HMF Slip on, LSR Carrier, LSR +2 Axle, Eyeball engineering +2 +1 A Arms, ITP Quad Cross fronts on ITP rims, ITP Quadcross on HiPer Beads on rear, Tag bars and clamp, Hinson Clutch, DynoJet, ASV
    clutch and brake levers

2005 Polaris Predator 500, HMF slip on, KN air filter - air box deleted, Renthal fat bar, AC nerf bars, pro armor bumper and grab bar, hole shots on rear, stocks up front

sounds reasonable. Probably all gummed up. Unfortunatly, could be more to it and you won't know for sure. Timing chains and valve adjustments are fairly common on those. Also, if the battery is too low, that alone could keep the spark too low to run correctly

Agreed, if its got spark and compression. Worst case scenario you tune it up a little bit and resell it!

Sounds just like a carb issue to me.
    * Spode Freestyler *

Team Spode Racing

Thank you to my sponsors: DWT, Motoworks, Lone Star Racing, Dirt Fiend Racing, Go Pro Cameras, Amsoil, Spy Optics, Motoconcepts, We All Ride Clothing, Leatt Braces, ODI Grips

2004 YFZ450

picked it up. battery is bad so that may be an issue. Carb was completely gummed up and most of the plugs are closed. going to finish taking it apart today. stripped one screw already tho, the rotten gasoline is holding it together like glue.

On a side note the rear suspension on this is fox podium with adjustable ressy is that stock on these? Ridiculously nice.
    2001 400ex, Red Laker Plastics, GT Thunder 450r Revalved, K&N with outerwears and open lid airbox, FMF powerbomb header, HMF Slip on, LSR Carrier, LSR +2 Axle, Eyeball engineering +2 +1 A Arms, ITP Quad Cross fronts on ITP rims, ITP Quadcross on HiPer Beads on rear, Tag bars and clamp, Hinson Clutch, DynoJet, ASV
    clutch and brake levers

2005 Polaris Predator 500, HMF slip on, KN air filter - air box deleted, Renthal fat bar, AC nerf bars, pro armor bumper and grab bar, hole shots on rear, stocks up front